E-310 vs E-410

DKelley

I am finalizing my first Weber purchase. I have decided on the Genesis II. The E-310 fits my needs 100%. I mostly grill for 2 people. Having said that, the E-410 is not that much more & I can get it in other colors (which look sharp!) other than black.

I guess my questions is, is there a negative in having too much or too big of a grill?

In respects to heating, I will only use 2-3 burners at once & probably rotate them around. I read the reviews on the E-410 & most of the negative center around poor heating.

I may be just over thinking this… However this is something I plan on keeping for 15+ years.

Thanks

The 310 will be a bit more powerful as it has more BTU/area. And it'll also be more fuel efficient if you dont use the extra area on the 4- burner. 3 burners is a convenient and flexble layout. I don't know why Weber seems to be pushing the 4-burners at the moment to be honest, the specs on the 3 burner seem better.

I am finalizing my first Weber purchase. I have decided on the Genesis II. The E-310 fits my needs 100%. I mostly grill for 2 people. Having said that, the E-410 is not that much more & I can get it in other colors (which look sharp!) other than black.

I guess my questions is, is there a negative in having too much or too big of a grill?

In respects to heating, I will only use 2-3 burners at once & probably rotate them around. I read the reviews on the E-410 & most of the negative center around poor heating.

I may be just over thinking this… However this is something I plan on keeping for 15+ years.

Thanks

Honestly I'd go for the 4 burner if you're really wanting to go that route (new Weber). The 4 burner will give you far better versatility especially for indirect cooking. I can't imagine the heat output total per sq in is all that different or would be a detriment. If it was me I would go for the 4 burner

Looking at the specs again LMichaels is right - BTU/sq-in is basically a wash between e310 and e410. I could swear it favored the 310 when I looked last year, maybe Weber changed the specs this year, I dunno. Regardless the 73-74 BTU/sq-in from either the 310 or 410 will be adequate and comparable but I can see why some would complain about poor heating - my old e330 has 94 BTU/sq-in and heats up much quicker than my (last gen) e310, especially in low ambient temps like we deal with alot in Michigan.

Back