Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Weber Master Touch for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    You mean like my platypus

[IMG]100_3587 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Rich,

How nice! Yeah, that is the one I want. There was one in Orlando six months or so ago, but I couldn't go that far at the time due to tax season. Haven't seen one since except on OfferUp. It was listed as available for shipping and was a beautiful maroon. When I inquired he said he wouldn't ship. It isn't like I NEED one, but they are, I think, a great design. Do you like yours?

Jon
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Rich,

How nice! Yeah, that is the one I want. There was one in Orlando six months or so ago, but I couldn't go that far at the time due to tax season. Haven't seen one since except on OfferUp. It was listed as available for shipping and was a beautiful maroon. When I inquired he said he wouldn't ship. It isn't like I NEED one, but they are, I think, a great design. Do you like yours?

Jon
    I got it for my Kettle Pizza. I wanted more stability than a regular kettle and at least one shelf. I've cooked on it and because the lid is a little different and the vent is on the top it does cook just a little different than a regular kettle. The biggest problem will be if I have to take the lid off to refuel, with the handle on the front it could be a problem.

[IMG]100_3624 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Fan
    Looks like the springs and hinge come prerusted lol ,no problems with no hinges on my performer,love to have the summit but $$$$ ,dropped $500 on a PB pellet smoker that I am still in trouble for,hate to see what that purchase would get me

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCantell View Post
    ,dropped $500 on a PB pellet smoker that I am still in trouble for,hate to see what that purchase would get me
    Mike,
    I too have a "Better-Half ; I am still undecided as to purchase a WeberQ 1200 here in Costa Rica as she is insisting that I "gift" either my WSM 18" "Classic" or Weber 22" Mastertouch or Weber Smoky Joe in order to make room for the Weber Q. Since she is now visiting family back of the States I may make this purchase this week in order to surprise her on her return to Costa Rica next Sunday with my "Macho" decision. Also, I will not "gift" any of my charcoal grills as I have adequate space for the WeberQ.
    Last edited by Richard Garcia; 09-24-2018 at 06:57 AM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    i'd buy this in a MINUTE!
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

TVWBB Diamond Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    It does look awesome now that I can see the descriptions in English. Thanks for that post, Jim! I'm still sure we'll never see it in the US.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

That's a whole lot of cool stuff, especially interested in how those P shaped vents work.
    Still curious on the price.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    That's a whole lot of cool stuff, especially interested in how those P shaped vents work.
    The P-shaped bottom vents are a feature of the Summit Charcoal Grill. So they've leveraged that feature for this grill.

TVWBB Diamond Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I think it'd depend on the price for me to buy it. It has a lot of features I wish the Kettle had. It might be too competitive with the WSM if you have 22.5 inches of usable space on a low and slow. I'm not sure how effective the diffuser plate is without the air gap like the one on the summit. I wonder what market research pencil pushing poindexters decide whether or not the US gets stuff. For instance, I'd buy a stainless GBS grate in a heartbeat, but don't wanna spend 40 bucks on a plated one I know will just rust again. I'd spend 80 and buy it once. They are available seemingly everywhere but the US.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast