New HM Noob.. PLEASE HELP

SLevy

Hey guys,

I pulled the trigger and got the HM 4.3, with Raspberry pi 3b.. got it presoldered ( Im not good with soldering electronics).. Put it all together. Put the image of v14 on the SD card. When I load it up, it loads fine.. says "no pit probe"... when I plug in a probe it gives me temp. However, when I try and access it over the WIFI through the HM/devices page, it has two things. One which says br-Lan, and one that says ethernet wired. The far right of the page, under both of those say "testing" for some seconds then goes and says "timeout". However, if I plug the ethernet directly from my xfinity router, the br-lan is accesible, and I can see the temp graph. Any ideas what is going on? I am really hoping to be able to use this as a temp probe for the Fourth of July

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Sounds like your HM is not connecting to your wifi. Did you download the preconfigured image for Access Point Mode and enter your wifi info? If not, thats fine... Connect your LAN cable and load the HM page, load Config\Network|Wireless and you should see your wifi radio listed there. Click SCAN and then select and join your wireless network. You'll have to satisfy whatever security criteria you have set for your wifi to connect. Once connected you can remove the LAN cable and connect to the HM through the IP address assigned to your wireless connection.

Ok that's worked! Thanks a ton!
Now how do I set up alerts to my phone, control a fan, etc?

Back