Gas Valves don't pop up 2007 Genesis E310 NG

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Hi:

Since joining the forum last month, I've started taking better care of my grill including cleaning, looking for rust, etc. One thing I noticed today is all three gas valves don't always pop up when in the off position. Sometimes they need a little assistance lifting on the knob. The valves do not seem tight to adjust the gas flow, but they do not hit the safety stop/lock when off. I've looked at the trim ring which marks the various positions, but they do not seem to be the issue. Looking at taking valves apart and lubricating them on another string isn't something I relish at this point. Any thoughts?

Thanks Bruce. I've bookmarked the video for the future when I feel brave or something starts acting up with the burners. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Since mine is NG, the easiest thing would be to pull the knobs off, remove the manifold from the grill and do all three before reinstalling the manifold. I'll put this off for now since everything is working fine on all 3 burners including temp adjustment. So glad I joined this forum. I went and checked out new Genesis II models and I'll stick with mine with the enclosed cabinet where I store wood chips, cleaning tools, and the smoker attachment w/grill. Not much rain here, but plenty of dust and pollen sticking to things.

Yah, a place like Vegas is where Weber evidently thought all those grills would be sold. I am currently working on grabbing an E330 but I am really worried about the cabinet looks like.

I just found a source for the small packets of the brake lube. CRC 05352 Found it on eBay and Amazon The larger size tube is CRC 05351

Back