Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Cooking in bulk

  1. #61
    TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Yeah, maybe I was too hard on the guy?
    If that's the case (and it's not), EVERY comment was made with his safety (and our experiences) in mind. Only the truth was offered. He chose-- well, who knows what he chose.

    Time to move on.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

  2. #62
    TVWBB Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southeastern MN
    Posts
    271
    From the outside, looking in, I'd wish the OP all the luck in the world, but I personally wouldn't touch that situation, period. No way, no how, it's just an utter and complete nightmare. I cooked for ~20 people last weekend, and used up 3 out of 5 racks in my [new] cabinet smoker. I don't even want to think about how much food 800 people are going to eat. Even grilling, you're going to want a pretty good sized rig, but smoking?

    To use a quote from a movie: "I always wanted to perform for an angry mob."

  3. #63
    TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,513
    I really like the quote Mr.(?) Kalchik! I know I have heard it before but, I canít think if the movie either!!

    And, I agree Len but, Iím still a little curious.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

  4. #64
    TVWBB Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southeastern MN
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    I really like the quote Mr.(?) Kalchik! I know I have heard it before but, I can’t think if the movie either!!
    A couple of hints... it's completely non-food related.... and it was uttered on stage in the ballroom up north at Lake Wazzapamani.

    I'm not trying to be offensive, but based on Paul's original post, I have serious misgivings about his ability to pull off serving 800+ people. To quote another [unrelated] movie: "Prove me wrong."

  5. #65
    TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,513
    “Was you ever bit by a dead bee?”
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

  6. #66
    TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    3,617
    All the Bogie movies are great. And Walter Brennan was great in that one Tim (but African Queen is my all time fav)

    Seriously off topic guys
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

  7. #67
    TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by JKalchik View Post
    A couple of hints... it's completely non-food related.... and it was uttered on stage in the ballroom up north at Lake Wazzapamani.

    I'm not trying to be offensive, but based on Paul's original post, I have serious misgivings about his ability to pull off serving 800+ people. To quote another [unrelated] movie: "Prove me wrong."
    OK, the lightbulb just went on! Couldn’t see it through the cigarette smoke and ray ban shades!

    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    All the Bogie movies are great. And Walter Brennan was great in that one Tim (but African Queen is my all time fav)

    Seriously off topic guys
    And your point is?
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

  8. #68
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    2
    This thread has been entertaining to read and a little frustrating.

  9. #69
    TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny B - Sacramento View Post
    This thread has been entertaining to read and a little frustrating.
    On so many levels!!
    Possibly the best last line in all movie history...

    “Huh?”

    Uttered by none other than Ward Bond. Do you know the movie? Ward Bond is a BIG hint.


    Ridiculously off topic!
    But the OP has run screaming into the night for whatever reason. But, I hope if he did it, it went well and if it didn’t, I hope he learned from it.
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 08-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

  10. #70
    TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Ridiculously off topic!
    But the OP has run screaming into the night for whatever reason. But, I hope if he did it, it went well and if it didn’t, I hope he learned from it.
    Hasn't even visited since his last visit 7/2
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •