Found this on Craigs List surfing for a kettle

Very nice. I like the wood. I did notice he didn't put too quality grates though. I'm sure that's to maximize his profit. Most people probably don't know the stainless rod type are superior to the hollow half moon type.

I wish there were a way to know if he ends up getting his asking price.....

This looks awesome. Unfortunately he did not use stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates. And no it is not 3000 but a 2000. But these are details. But I love it. The wood looks really cool.

For you guys who rehab and sell, would you say this is still here because of pricing, or does it just take some time to turn them? Or does everyone in Chandler simply have high self-esteem?

My guess it is mainly a pricing issue. I am not saying the guy didn't do a great job on the rehab, but $400 is still a whole lot of money to drop for a 20 year old grill. After all, looks won't make your burger taste any different.

He may eventually get what he is looking for, but if he wants to move the grill quickly, he should be down closer to $300 IMO.

If that sucker was in my area for $250 it would be at my house before you could blink three times.

Geee, I wonder why? They are probably still a ways above the value of the thing. But, you never know, there might be someone out there that will bite.

I have to admit the wood is absolutely beautiful and I use to hate the wide slats but they are starting to grow on me especially for a keeper who cares your significant other would not have a clue. If it were me since they did not stay to the smaller slats I would have ditched the original handle since it looks pretty warped from the pictures but that is just me they did a good job.

Probably needs to get around 300 and of course the right buyer would need to appreciate it and how many are out there. I try to spread the word my neighbor just bought a lake house he loves the redhead and never new it even existed of course he is late 40's so how would he have known unless he saw one. So he wants me to track one down in ATL no easy task and passed on a green 1000 a month ago still kicking myself but was in the process of doing a performer so the wife would have killed me, don't blame her though.

Got an excuse now helping the neighbor out.

I have two or three redheads right now....I just saw another on CL for $20. Just not in the market right now. Last summer, the redheads seemed a lot more scarce than this summer around here.

I like the grill and hope he gets as much as possible. To get into the $400 range I agree that you have to offer the whole nine yards. With quality flavorizer bars and grates it would be worth that in my opinion, but as is probably $300 or so.

Back