Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday dinner on the Q320

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    And today I just got news Costco is looking at building a store in the Rockford IL metro WOOT!!! Once that happens it's bye bye Sam's. Rapidly becoming a glorified Walmart IMO. Many of the reasons I hate stepping into a Walmart are becoming more and more common to Sam's. This is becoming more and more what I see at Sam's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzwgrtdBo8 enjoy
    I thought that kind of Walmart behavior was only native to the south, lol.

Folks in western NC are bit more conservative than that video portrays, but I have seen my share of weirdos in local Walmarts. Sam's hasn't got that bad yet.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Well here in the far upper reaches of IL the Wally World weirdos have spilled over to the Sam's Club. I guess because they're right next door to each other

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    And today I just got news Costco is looking at building a store in the Rockford IL metro WOOT!!! Once that happens it's bye bye Sam's. Rapidly becoming a glorified Walmart IMO. Many of the reasons I hate stepping into a Walmart are becoming more and more common to Sam's. This is becoming more and more what I see at Sam's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzwgrtdBo8 enjoy
    Costco you will love the food selection is outstanding. I can't stop laughing at that video you posted.

You do know that video filmed actual shoppers. And yes I see them all on those VERY rare times I hit Wally World for engine oil and filters. I just got back from the Sam's club and it wasn't far off that video either

LOL, I have seen many similar situations at Wally World here in the Wisconsin Dells. Seems people come here for vacation and lose their minds.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

TVWBB Olympian
    I guess I have the most boring Wal-Mart around. Not even close to any of that.

Believe me George boring would be really nice. I could have literally wrote a book yesterday alone from the idiots in the Sam's Club. Plus they're not only nuts but RUDE to match. I cannot wait for some relief with a Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Yah, easy to blame the government! LOL.

Anyway, here is one of my NY STrips from tonight's cook on my Genny 1000 with RCP grates. I think they do sear marks plenty well.

"I don't need no stinkin' grill grates".

Bruce,
    I admit that I do like my GrillGrates, but that steak looks awesome!

Jon
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

It WAS. Nothing like beef flesh on the BBQ. I am loading up now, because in two weeks I see the Doctor for my yearly checkup and that is after I had a stint in the Emergency room for a bout with SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) I had a pulse of over 200 and 205/114 blood pressure resting. They had to inject me with something to restart my heart back to normal.

The risk factors don't include weight or cholesterol or salt, but I am sure the doctor is going to lay down the law when I get there.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Yeah Drs have a way of killing all our fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12