Sunday dinner on the Q320

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So the day was a little crazy yesterday. But Sunday dinner was still in order. Wasn't going to be a big cook and time being what it was I didn't feel like pulling the Wolf out from it's hiding place from all the recent rain storms. So I pressed my newly acquired and finished Q320 into service and since I could "stage" the cooking it was easy. First to go on was grilled polenta and asparagus. Then grilled rack of lamb from New Zealand. This is a completely grass raised and totally organic product and is what they sell at Sam's Club. It is much smaller than US raised Colorado lamb and has a slightly gamier flavor and much leaner. While I really love Colorado lamb I do highly recommend this New Zealand product as it is VERY healthy and what little fat it has is high in Omega 3.
Anyway here goes and another thanks to Bruce for doing the trade out for my Q220 red head. I have to say that I am enjoying this grill as much as I enjoy my Wolf. For different reason of course but suffice to say I don't think I would give either up
BTW the lamb had a short marinade of EVOO, fresh garlic, cumin, oregano along with salt and pepper

0nQUWQQ.jpg

Gfp5ADq.jpg

kqkFCPC.jpg

XePxX60.jpg

RK9raGa.jpg

Damn, I am sorry Larry, I have been having problems with my email and your dinner invite must have gotten lost.

Looks nice, Larry, but I have never seen grilled grits before. Sounds delicious.

You call them grits we call them Polenta :D Italian use it in many ways. Served with a Cacciatore type stew (BTW that means "hunter's style"), or sausage and peppers, what have you. We use them in place of mashed potatoes. One of the nicest suppers I had on a visit to the "mother land" was in a small cabin in the mountains a beautiful wood roasted rabbit with olive oil and fragrant salvia (sage to people here) salt and pepper on a bed of creamy polenta beautifully simple and such a beautiful evening with beautiful people.
Anyway I digress yes, we do grill our grits LOL
Bruce I am so sorry I could've sworn I put the flag up on the box :D

Last edited:
Beautiful cook & nice story - I'd sure like to find a good deal on one of those someday.

That looks like an awesome meal! And lamb is on my soon-to-do list, so I'm glad to hear you recommend Sam's... I saw a rack there the other day but haven't bought any yet. That's about to change.

And today I just got news Costco is looking at building a store in the Rockford IL metro WOOT!!! Once that happens it's bye bye Sam's. Rapidly becoming a glorified Walmart IMO. Many of the reasons I hate stepping into a Walmart are becoming more and more common to Sam's. This is becoming more and more what I see at Sam's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzwgrtdBo8 enjoy

Yah, easy to blame the government! LOL.

Anyway, here is one of my NY STrips from tonight's cook on my Genny 1000 with RCP grates. I think they do sear marks plenty well.

"I don't need no stinkin' grill grates".

R41cvAQ.jpg

And today I just got news Costco is looking at building a store in the Rockford IL metro WOOT!!! Once that happens it's bye bye Sam's. Rapidly becoming a glorified Walmart IMO. Many of the reasons I hate stepping into a Walmart are becoming more and more common to Sam's. This is becoming more and more what I see at Sam's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzwgrtdBo8 enjoy

I thought that kind of Walmart behavior was only native to the south, lol.

Folks in western NC are bit more conservative than that video portrays, but I have seen my share of weirdos in local Walmarts. Sam's hasn't got that bad yet.

Well here in the far upper reaches of IL the Wally World weirdos have spilled over to the Sam's Club. I guess because they're right next door to each other

Costco you will love the food selection is outstanding. I can't stop laughing at that video you posted.

You do know that video filmed actual shoppers. And yes I see them all on those VERY rare times I hit Wally World for engine oil and filters. I just got back from the Sam's club and it wasn't far off that video either

LOL, I have seen many similar situations at Wally World here in the Wisconsin Dells. Seems people come here for vacation and lose their minds.

Believe me George boring would be really nice. I could have literally wrote a book yesterday alone from the idiots in the Sam's Club. Plus they're not only nuts but RUDE to match. I cannot wait for some relief with a Costco

Yah, easy to blame the government! LOL.

Anyway, here is one of my NY STrips from tonight's cook on my Genny 1000 with RCP grates. I think they do sear marks plenty well.

"I don't need no stinkin' grill grates".

R41cvAQ.jpg

Bruce,
I admit that I do like my GrillGrates, but that steak looks awesome!

Jon

It WAS. Nothing like beef flesh on the BBQ. I am loading up now, because in two weeks I see the Doctor for my yearly checkup and that is after I had a stint in the Emergency room for a bout with SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) I had a pulse of over 200 and 205/114 blood pressure resting. They had to inject me with something to restart my heart back to normal.

The risk factors don't include weight or cholesterol or salt, but I am sure the doctor is going to lay down the law when I get there.

Back