Thread: Kanka Grill Rotisserie

TVWBB Fan

Kanka Grill Rotisserie

Got one of these. Like the idea of it as it can be used with any grill. Just getting started with it, but since you have to use with the grill cover off, it burns through charcoal quickly. Anyone have one? If yes, any tips? If no, general thoughts? Thanks!

22.5" WSM, 26.75" OTG, Performer, Weber Genesis Silver A, Kanka Grill Rotisserie

I hope you don't take offense at my thought--which is out of ignorance--but to your point of not using the lid what is the benefit of this vs. a traditional rotisserie ring? I have never seen this prior to your thread.

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I agree Fletch, it doesn’t make any sense to me at all, you will burn fuel at an incredible rate!
    If you have it, enjoy it but, it seems silly to use with a kettle but, that’s just my opinion.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Tony Iíve been eyeing these things for a while and will probably get one. The idea is they are for open fire cooking and portable. Iíd burn small splits in the kettle rather than just briquettes. You can use these over a park grill or a camp fire. No lid necessary since all sides get heat.

By the way I have a weber rotisserie which is great but the Kanka opens up many options for cooking with fire beyond the kettle.

TVWBB Fan
    Part of the reason I went with it was because I have a 26” Weber kettle and there is no Rotisserie ring option that was reasonably priced. Also, the portability would allow me to bring it to our vacation home easily. Going to try another chicken tonight with some adjustments (raise the fire a bit using the charcoal baskets, close the bottom vent completely, etc). I like the split idea John, may try that as well if I can find some locally (can be hard to find here in New England)
    22.5" WSM, 26.75" OTG, Performer, Weber Genesis Silver A, Kanka Grill Rotisserie

Iíve inverted a couple of charcoal baskets and placed a spare charcoal grate on top. This raises the coals about 3.5 inches.

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I see uses for the unit, just not this one.
    It’s your party.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett