My Maria Chops

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
Winner's Meats is a shop in our vicinity known for quality meat. In particular, many rave of their marinated pork chops. I know they contain soy sauce; beyond that, I don't know what is in the marinade but it is worth the trip. I've had recent fun playing with the Santa Maria, so I continued it yesterday on these chops. And I'll tell you what, I dropped-in a couple apple chunks from Fruita Wood and I am swept off my feet every time I use their wood. I've been doing this for 2 1/2 years and it wasn't until a few months ago when I placed my first order from them. I was clueless about the impact of quality wood until I read of your posts and tried it myself. Up to that point I used chunks from Amazon or box retailers; I still have some of that old wood but the next time we do a bon fire that old supply is out of a job. I've since learned from you that there are at least a couple other good suppliers of fresh, quality wood and, so, I am not suggesting that Fruita is better than those but, rather, this is a statement that fresh wood is exponentially better than that from box stores (unless you were to get very lucky, possibly). Within a minute of dropping these apple chunks I caught the aroma. Thank you for reading this lengthy post!

Last edited:
Great looking chops. I haven't tried fruita wood, but from what I have read about it it's pretty good stuff. When we go back to California we stop at the woodshed to load up on cooking wood. As you say the difference is remarkable compared to the big box store stuff.

Can't beat apple wood and pork chops! Great job, really diggin' that Santa Maria attachment!

R

Chops look great!! And, along with the others, I totally agree that getting good wood from a good source makes a big difference!

Outstanding looking chops they look so yummy. Using good wood for smoking is always the best. Like Rich said we get ours from the Woodshed in Calif.

Back