Red Weber Grill

Dennis W

Hi all,

First post here.

I stumbled upon this great forum when I started digging into my fix it projects. That was a Weber Siver A. I will post pictures of that somewhere.

I am looking at this red grill. Can you help me identify a model number for this? It seems to be missing the swing and bottom shelves. Is the lower shelf available? Was it wire?

Is the firebox still available?

Thank you.

Rnwqwbn.jpg

Having problems posting an image.

Last edited:
Yes it's missing the swing up on the left. Maybe a member can help locate one. The bottom would have been Z brackets with wood slats to match the side shelf. It's a Genesis 1000 BTW

Yes it's missing the swing up on the left. Maybe a member can help locate one. The bottom would have been Z brackets with wood slats to match the side shelf. It's a Genesis 1000 BTW

Thanks. I see some of these grills with a wire lower shelf. Maybe it’s a different series.

Do you know if a replacement box is still available or not ?

Thank you Brian!

I spent the week working on a Silver B. I’ll post some pictures if I can get a little better at posting photos.

Dennis, welcome to the forum.

Larry is probably correct as it might have had wood underneath it rotted and they tossed the z brackets like they tossed the side table when that fell apart. It would seem to me losing the bottom wire shelf would be more difficult but who knows they don't make that wire shelf anymore at least I am pretty sure they don't make it but might be wrong.

If you look underneath the control panel there should be a sticker with the serial number and if you plug it into the Weber serial number locator it should tell you what you have. You will have to get lucky though on mine I could still read it used a magnifying glass but that is not always the case.

Dennis,

I think you have a good find. You can go with wire if you want. It is more practical. Or, you can get new z brackets for the bottom shelf (which are slightly longer than the ones for the top shelves) and make new slats for a more rich wood look. Either way this grill can be a real winner!

Why do you mention getting a new firebox? Does that one have damage? Thanks to the cast aluminum construction usually these can be cleaned up, painted on the outside and be as good as new.

If you want another firebox I would wait it out for another parts grill to pop up. You can probably get a new firebox from Weber or one of the on-line suppliers, but be prepared for a bit of a shocker on the price. There are plenty of old Weber’s with perfectly restorable fireboxes that you can get for way less and get some other parts in the deal.

Not sure if Weber still mfg replacements for those. Regardless, it would be cost prohibitive. Your best bet is to look on Craigslist or Faceboock markeplace for a cheap donor grill. I buy all my rehab grills for $50 or less. There are plenty of them out there. If you are lucky, you will find on for free as a curbside pickup. Then you might also get the drop down swing table and hardware as well as the bottom shelf, either wire or wood.

It’s just warped a bit. I was just curious if Weber still Mfg a replacement.

How warped is it are you talking about front to back or side to side. If its front to back and the lid is okay when you close it and the grates are not falling thru for lack of support just use it and no Weber will not replace that item I don't believe like the others have said its not going to be cost effective to buy it anyway just pick up another deep box.

Biggest question is how much are they asking for that red ? If it's $50 or less, buy it immediately as the red hood and some of the parts are worth that alone. Then find another grill later and cobble the two together.

I think the fish got off the hook. I need to learn how to set the hook better.

I am looking at some other grills. There is a black 3000 (with side burner) that has all of the wood shelving. Will a red 1000 lid fit on it? (Yes - my wife thinks I am crazy and was only recently bitten by the grill restoration bug.)

I think the fish got off the hook. I need to learn how to set the hook better.

I am looking at some other grills. There is a black 3000 (with side burner) that has all of the wood shelving. Will a red 1000 lid fit on it? (Yes - my wife thinks I am crazy and was only recently bitten by the grill restoration bug.)

Yes the hood of a 1000 fits on a 3000. They are all interchangeable. The 1000 hood even fits on a 2017 Spirit. lol
As yes in my opinion the red hood looks nicer than just a plain boring black hood.

Yes the hood of a 1000 fits on a 3000. They are all interchangeable. The 1000 hood even fits on a 2017 Spirit. lol
As yes in my opinion the red hood looks nicer than just a plain boring black hood.

As Dave mentioned, I will have to cobble together my beauty!

Ahhh! I like redheads, but I like brunettes better;)!

Back