WTB: Weber Summit S-670 NG Manifold Assembly & Hose/Regulator

I would pull and disassemble one of your valves and see if it's fixed or continuously variable. Fixed has 3 holes in the cone, variable has a groove that gets wider. If it's variable, then I believe you can just replace the orifices and possibly add an NG regulator.

Can you clarify how I would determine this? Not really sure what you mean by cone, I’ve never had the valves apart before. Does anyone have any pics so I know what I’m looking for?

Mine is a post 2007 model so I think it has variable. If I can confirm that it is variable does anyone have any good sources to obtain the NG orifices and NG regulator hose from?

Sue thing Rih. First, a confession. I had thought that the manifold on the 670 was basically the same as prior generations. I forgot the move to snap jets.

That said, I believe this still applies. Here's a link to a blog article by Chris on how to clean and lube valves.

http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2017/05/cleaning-lubricating-weber-gas-grill-valves/

Part way down the page is a video. Following that is a sequence of photos. First one shows the beginning of disassembling the valve. The second photo shows the valve stem removed. The third one shows the "cone". Look closely at that picture and notice the holes in the cone. That's an example of the "fixed position" style. Separate holes for low, medium and high.

Continuously variable valves don't have those 3 holes. Here are 2 pics of a variable valve from a "270 sweep" valve from a 2005 Genny.

2cgngna.jpg

2pqstjo.jpg
a

Great, thanks! Who sells the Weber NG orifices and NG regulator/hose I would need to do this? Weber will not sell them since my registered grill is LP.

Dave: Thanks for all the feedback. My valve cones look like a hybrid of the 3 hole and continuously variable type. There are 3 holes but there also grooves in the side of the cone. It may not work but I decided to give it a shot. All of the orifices have been swapped out except for the rotisserie, for the life of me I cannot find where it is.

Do you or does anyone else know where Weber has the orifice for the rotisserie on the Summit S-670.

Dave: Thanks for all the feedback. My valve cones look like a hybrid of the 3 hole and continuously variable type. There are 3 holes but there also grooves in the side of the cone. It may not work but I decided to give it a shot. All of the orifices have been swapped out except for the rotisserie, for the life of me I cannot find where it is.

Do you or does anyone else know where Weber has the orifice for the rotisserie on the Summit S-670.

Rich, be careful with this. I "think" everything will be fine, but I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. When doing this kind of conversion from LPG to NG, it's possible that you won't be getting as much gas flow as you should. Not a big problem when the burners are turned to "high", just the temp will be a bit lower than it should be. The concern is when you have burners set on low. It's possible that the gas pressure will be weaker than it should be. This could lead to a lit burner snuffing itself out, yet the gas will continue to flow. Obviously, this could cause a problem, potentially, a big one. So, test each and every burner on low and see how the flame looks. Do them one at a time, then also, start with one on low, then turn on the 2nd, and the 3rd, etc, etc, etc.

I have this issue on the conversion of my Summit 650. It's not a problem for me though as I always cook on high. If I need to cook on low, I go indirect putting my food on one side and the burners on high on the other.

Good advice, was reading up on this issue last night. In the event my low flames do not look good, I’ve seen a couple of folks saying they’ve had success with slightly enlarging the low and medium holes on the valve, but it doesn’t sound like an exact science.

Are there any posts/instructional out there on this in the event I need to go down that road? Can the continuously variable valves be purchased anywhere and are they plug and play, or are the manifold seats different as well?

I have a NG manifold from a 6 burner summit serial # EZ 460555 if your LG is compatible with my grill ill swap with you

Back