Lubing 1000 Manifold Valves

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I am not sure I have seen pictures of how to lube the manifold valves on a 1000. The valves on a 1000 are quite different than the ones in Chris's video and when you see the pictures you will see the difference.

If this has been done before then I won't bother but since my 1000 is apart for respraying the side lids, on my manifold 2 valves I had done already but the 3rd one the screw would not budge and I did not want to strip it I had not bothered to hit it with PB Blaster since although the other 2 needed to be done the 3rd for the time being I just left it since it was fine. Since I am putting everything back together tomorrow hopefully I decided to get the 3rd one done before I put the manifold back.

I had already done this on my nat gas manifold so had done it before so this will be the second time I have done it after you do one its easier the 2nd time.

There really is not much difference between the Summit valves Chris showed and the 1000. Nearly identical on the inside

Yeah your right Larry the difference is the washer with the finger which can be a bit tricky the first time you do it the valve Chris's shows is a better design when your putting it back together. Might be a mute point I can't get the screw out in the last valve soaked it overnight with PB gonna hit it with some heat this morning but if it won't budge since it works fine gonna leave it.

Try using a really good quality screwdriver I think a #2 works best and mount it in a vice if you can so it's solid. Then tap it using a small ball peen or machinist hammer like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Estwing-8-oz-Solid-Steel-Ball-Peen-Hammer-E3-8BP/202183850 I have a number of these in various sizes (wife works there LOL) but in any case a small hammer like this is an invaluable tool. BTW don't be fooled by the junk hammers sold for much less in big box stores and Harbor Freight. It's amazing how much control a well made properly balanced hammer gives you and on small parts it's important. Even in carpentry and so on. I was always of a mind a hammer is a hammer is a hammer. Until my brother showed me the difference a good one makes. I used 2 different hammers while building a project years ago. My nice shiny new cheap hammer 16oz and my brother noticed I was hitting nails many more times than him and destroying more. He said "use a good hammer" I said no difference. He gave me his Estwing to try out. BAM BAM 2 hits a nail went in and not bent. Repeated time after time. This was LONG befor wife worked there. Could not believe a hammer meant that much. Trust me it does

Back