The Meater competition?

Well, once I got past the pics (and they are BIG; an awful lot of bling there), I can't see how something with electronics inside (other than a temp sensor) can withstand the heat a grill will put it out.

I now get my perfect steaks via sous vide and a brief moment of time on the grill. Others will (and do) disagree.

Personally, I'd pass.

Yeah, the web site design is not impressive, lol. I would guess that potting material could protect the electronics.

Would be nice for rotisserie

Assuming that your housing doesn't work as a Faraday cage... which is probably does.

I'll stand with Len. I've been make steaks sous vide for over a year, it's my method of choice now. And unless you're grilling 2" ribeyes, there's little reason to need remote monitoring. Then again..... I've got my HeaterMeter running on a smoker outside w/ 45 lbs of brisket & butts right now.

Assuming that your housing doesn't work as a Faraday cage... which is probably does.

I'll stand with Len. I've been make steaks sous vide for over a year, it's my method of choice now. And unless you're grilling 2" ribeyes, there's little reason to need remote monitoring. Then again..... I've got my HeaterMeter running on a smoker outside w/ 45 lbs of brisket & butts right now.

So if I leave now can I make it there in time for dinner?

I usually do 6 steaks at a time so that one wouldn't work ( I did the touch, feely thing )
And now I got Sous -Vide so life is easy.:)

Tim

I think my intention is to use it for rotisserie bbq's exclusively. As for steaks; I lack the skill to test by feel, so I probe a few times during the grill.

Yeah I rarely if ever temp a steak. Always touchy feely. Pork and chicken especially chicken I will temp pork sometimes but always chicken gets probed. I always talk nice to it first though. "bend over this won't hurt a bit" :D

I'll never actually buy one. The only setup I see working for me is the wifi one and I just don't have that kind of coin. The bluetooth is probably only going to reach as far as a receiver outside the grill. I need to learn to grill steaks by touch. I get the gist of it, I just don't cook enough them so I use the thermapen.

Back