The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does It Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    If you're ever in the area, you must try this brand. They don't sell fresh pork, but they excel at pork products...

https://neesesausage.com/
    I'm always in the area, and you're right.
    "If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?"
    18.5 WSM | 22.5 OTG (green) | 22.5 Kettle (OTS, black)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D. View Post
    I'm always in the area, and you're right.
    We took five pounds of Neese's liver pudding to northern Mississippi a while back, and they went nuts over the stuff.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Will be cooking up several early Sunday. Always had the "always moist" kind. Worked great. This time I believe we are starting with non-injected ones, possibly boneless. (Costco) What differences should I look out for. My usual: two - three hours open then two to three hours wrapped. 275 - 325. Perfect. 203 degrees

Bumping a thread here, but I smoked two Swift butts yesterday for some friends, and they called back, today, and they said the Swift butts had better flavor in their opinion. I nibbled on a piece when I pulled the meat from the smoker last night, and it was good indeed. I save a few ounces for dinner today, so I'll give my opinion later.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Most commercial pork is basically the same. Even some comp guys who have gone to heritage breeds say they can't tell much of a difference in the final product.

I will say... I have recently been purchasing Swift Premium from Costco and have noticed a darker color in the raw meat and a better flavor in the finished product over Farmer John and the like. Costco Swift doesn't smell of sulfur and looks/tastes excellent for the most part.

Quality in, quality out.
    26.75", Vintage 26", Vintage 22", 22.5", PK Classic

Frankly, I've never been a huge Smithfield fan (with the exception of Gwaltney bacon). Most of their processed stuff leaves something to be desired compared to other brands. Smithfield fresh pork is a good product, but I currently think Swift has a bit of an edge.

Thanks for the confirmation, Mike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12