Buying My First Weber Grill

Ken@LAX

I am thinking of buying the either the natural gas Weber Spirit 310 (last years model) or the newer Spirit II. The Spirit 310 is a floor sample priced around $40 less than the Spirit II.

I am trying to figure out if there is any real difference between the two except for the door on the Spirit. Weber mentions infinity ignition on the Spirit II but when I looked at both of them the ignition
looks the same.

So is it worth it to save $40 and go with the older model or does the newer model have features that I have missed?

Many folks here will refer you to even older ones and restore them. But
That is not for everyone. What I like about the newer models are two things:
- The large pair of wheels. Weber brought them back. If you want to move your grill once a while the 4 office chair wheels on the previous generation are crap. I personally have a cobblestone patio and I love having large wheels.
- the open cart. Weber had a lot of problems with rust inside the cabinet with their previous closed cart models. With the open cart this will be less of a problem
- And last but not least the newer models have better warranty. Now 10 years on everything.

The burners on Spirit II are improved over the previous model. There are also cool new colors! My brother runs an Ace Hardware store here in NorCal and he says Spirit II is selling like gangbusters, especially in Ivory and Sapphire.

The burners on Spirit II are improved over the previous model. There are also cool new colors! My brother runs an Ace Hardware store here in NorCal and he says Spirit II is selling like gangbusters, especially in Ivory and Sapphire.

I like the new colors too. Black is getting boring and SS is just to sensitive. You see every spec and finger print on it.

The stainless steel on the new Spirit II models appears to be higher quality than the previous models too.

The colors are nice but it looks like you can't get anything other than black for the natural gas grill.

Back