Elevated warming rack #7641 for Genesis x000, Silver/Gold B and C

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
Not sure this has already been shared but I thought I post it. After I realized that the hood of my Genesis 1000 actually fits exactly on the firebox of the late Spirit e3xx and that the warming rack of the old warrier also fits I thought I give it a try with the elevated warming rack #7641 of the Spirit the other way round. Well it fits like a glove on my Gold C. It also fits perfectly on the firebox of the Genesis x000. Sorry I don't have a working x000 but the old firebox of that 3000 should do the job showing what I mean.
Now there should be enough room underneath rack to work on the grates like flipping burgers. The standard warming rack was always too low.
And I moved the wobbling basket to the front mount inside the hood.
35881959_10212043314661769_1051783490166587392_n.jpg

35864567_10212043314741771_818054135877206016_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure this has already been shared but I thought I post it. After I realized that the hood of my Genesis 1000 actually fits exactly on the firebox of the late Spirit e3xx and that the warming rack of the old warrier also fits I thought I give it a try with the elevated warming rack #7614 of the Spirit the other way round. Well it fits like a glove on my Gold C. It also fits perfectly on the firebox of the Genesis x000. Sorry I don't have a working x000 but the old firebox of that 3000 should do the job showing what I mean.
Now there should be enough room underneath rack to work on the grates like flipping burgers. The standard warming rack was always too low.
And I moved the wobbling basket to the front mount inside the hood.
35881959_10212043314661769_1051783490166587392_n.jpg

35864567_10212043314741771_818054135877206016_n.jpg

Would that be the same number to fit a 2007 Genesis E310 (valves on the side)? My warming rack has been spending most time in the base cabinet since it always seemed to be in the way of turning whatever I've been grilling for 10 years..... Thanks.

That is such a better solution than the flat warming rack. I keep cursing mine out when I cook, but I do use it and I know that if I pull it out, it will be lost forever. I will have to keep my eyes open for deal on the #7641 rack.

I agree. The flat always seems to be in the way. This is why I used the basket more. But this only holds small pieces and I had stuff falling out of these several times.

Yep, try putting a couple of large baked potatoes in the haning basket. The center of gravity for them is just about even with the pivots on the hanging basket and they are very prone to falling out. It works better for things like sweet corn, Hot dogs, brats, etc.... But, I pulled mine for rotisserie work a while back and of course it is gone into belly of the mess in my garage.

No. But the 2007+ has one too. I just restored a 2009 which had one. Look at grillparts.com.
http://www.grillparts.com/weber/2007_genesis_300.asp?product_id=65054

Stefan,

So what part exactly IS the elevated warming rack you show on your classic Genesis firebox? I know it can't be the newer one for the 300 series because they are larger. Are you saying they changed to that design for the Spirit (which was actually a dumbed-own classic Genesis)? If so, do you have a source or part#? DUHHHH! I just saw that you mentioned part 7614 - actually looks like it is 7641. Only $14.99 on Amazon Prime.

Very cool upgrade idea that would overcome some of my objections to these warming racks!

Jon

Last edited:
Anyone know if they make a stainless version of that rack? I'm liking the elevated part but would prefer one that won't rust later down the line.

Stefan,

So what part exactly IS the elevated warming rack you show on your classic Genesis firebox? I know it can't be the newer one for the 300 series because they are larger. Are you saying they changed to that design for the Spirit (which was actually a dumbed-own classic Genesis)? If so, do you have a source or part#? DUHHHH! I just saw that you mentioned part 7614 - actually looks like it is 7641. Only $14.99 on Amazon Prime.

Very cool upgrade idea that would overcome some of my objections to these warming racks!

Jon

Sorry my bad for the typo in the text. I corrected it. Yes it is #7641 as in the subject line. This one:
https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/care/gas-replacement-parts/7641.html
The Spirit 300 made till 2017 has the same firebox dimensions as the older Genesis. Even the nudges for the warming rack have the same dimension.

Yah, I really like the idea of the raised warming rack, but for $15, I would want something that won't be all corroded after a season.

Anyone know if they make a stainless version of that rack? I'm liking the elevated part but would prefer one that won't rust later down the line.

That would be a winner. I guess you just have to oil like crazy and not leave outside for long periods of non-use. The cheap characteristics of most of these is another reason I have generally removed and not used them.

Back