needing Version 1 performer cross bar fix

Bobert

I have now my second touch n go performer grill in my life, the year 2000. It's always the part Weber does not have that goes first. The Two long crossbars across the bottom. Is there a fabrication for the internal nut thread inside these? Of course I'm not wanting to put angle braces on the frame. I LOVE the Version 1 SS. There are 2 versions of the V.1, I've had both now. Same square tube problem.
Thanks, Bob.

Last edited:
How do I post a pic in this forum?

I wondered about the pulling force this table leg adjuster end can take over time. I just saw this and since I posted and I've come up with another solution.
20180626_172115%20(2).jpg

1/4" all thread, 7/8 rubber bumpers, original plastic washer and lock nut.

Sorry, I won't buy into that Photo bucket crap. It's so old school, and money based. Soo... the 7/8" rubber bumpers (from THD) have been inserted by the center by the1/4" all thread. The small end of the taper plugged into the tube to keep the it centered. The all-thread is the strength member. File down the thread ends at the locking nuts under the original black plastic washers after tightening . So no picture, not my fault.

Bob

Last edited:
Sorry I was of no help.
Few, if any, use PB anymore.
Some are using Imgur, others Flickr.
Perhaps Chris needs to update that thread, it's pretty old and I have not read it recently.

Bobert, I use tinypics.com for photos. Click button to browse for photo, select 640x480 for size.

Copy the contents of the box labeled: "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it right into your reply.

Back