Son's Redhead after 3 years

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I did a mini rehab (no tear down) on a $30 craigslist find for my son, finished in March 2015.
He also has an 18" OTS kettle, but the gasser gets used the most.
About the only wear showing is on the handle, and he's had no issues with performance.

Corn, burgers, and brats yesterday for a delayed Father's Day get together.

When it was ready to go home with him:

20150312_153624.jpg

Yesterday.

Grandson Bobby will be out there helping dad grill before you know it.

Kinda the same way with me. I handed down my originally Genesis 2 (now a 3) to daughter and son in law and they love it regularly having cookouts on it. He even invested in a brand new Weber cover

Those older webers are just amazing. My youngest son loves our 2 old Weber's and wants one of his own once he buys his own house. He helped me pick up our Silver A at the curb of a neighbor and thought I was crazy at the time. He's since changed his tune and wouldn't want anything else.

Congrats on the grandchild. My wife and I are late 50s and ready for grandchildren but it's going to be a few years before that happens.

Looks to be in pretty good condition Bob, those older genesis grills are real work horses.
Grandson is a cutie for sure.
My son has a small condo with a small deck, so I found a decent Silver A and rehabbed it for him and he loves it.
Today Barb and I delivered the rehabbed Silver B to our friends that moved from Idaho to here. He's a die hard charcoal guy, but when he found out about the fire restrictions he called me and asked if I had sold it yet. I took it off of CL and gave it to them at a real fair price.

Looks to be in pretty good condition Bob, those older genesis grills are real work horses.
Grandson is a cutie for sure.
My son has a small condo with a small deck, so I found a decent Silver A and rehabbed it for him and he loves it.
Today Barb and I delivered the rehabbed Silver B to our friends that moved from Idaho to here. He's a die hard charcoal guy, but when he found out about the fire restrictions he called me and asked if I had sold it yet. I took it off of CL and gave it to them at a real fair price.

Rich,

That is all part of the fun of restoring and sharing the Weber tradition. Sounds great!

Bob,

That shows the viability of a REAL Weber grill. If he had gotten a Charchinawhatever it wouldn't have been around by the time your cute grandson was born:D! Great pictures, of course especially the grandson. I don't have any yet, but we will see...

It looks like at some point your son will be able to put his own stamp on the grill by replacing the wood slats and maybe the handle as well. Could just go the durawood route or replace it with real wood. Until then, that little guy is going to get raised up big and strong on some BBQ protein.

Back