Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
with Avocado.

Local Costco had pork belly back in stock. It's been ages.

mzVOBAh.jpg

This was the best slab I've ever purchased.

QraC3Z7.jpg

These two are cured with the Rich Dahl recipe (maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon). Have been wanting to try it for quite some time.
2 to 1 snake using Weber briquettes and hickory chunks in the XL. Temps around 170*. 2 hour mark.

nTVUnPS.jpg

4 hours and off. IT 145*

5erss31.jpg

This slab is the Basic Bob Correl recipe with black pepper. Bumped up temps to 215* (it was getting late and wanted to speed thing up). 2 hour mark.

VHzxLdI.jpg

3 hours/off. IT 145*.

dpiMF1v.jpg

Sliced off some 1/3" rashers.

HtsolGq.jpg

And proceeded to make a sandwich.

sbn0Bvi.jpg

c5cqqwe.jpg

Time To Eat!

zhWPa5i.jpg

The Rich Dahl cure did not disappoint myself or my wife. It's extraordinary.

This was my first smoke using the XL. Normally I would do this in the 18.5 WSM.
I'm impressed... temps were rock solid. Had almost half the snake left after a 7 hour cook.

Last edited:
That looks great. Thanks for the inspiration Robert. I've never done bacon. Getting closer to making it thanks to this post.

Robert that is one awesome sandwich. Glad you like our recipe for the bacon. We are also doing a BLT tonight for dinner.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked it Robert, that looks perfect. Just don't give any to your family or friends or you'll be like me and Barb. Do a 12 pound slab and by the time I give some to my family or friends who by some way seem to know when I've made a fresh batch we might end up with 2 pounds for us.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I could saddle up to one of those scrumptious BLT's Robert. I dare say you'd never find anything that good in a restaurant. Great looking job on that bacon.

Back