Now this!

That is a nice looking grill. I hope it gets a new lease on life! Larry, if you were to grab that one and do it up right, you’d have a prize we would all envy!

Nah, I am done for a while. It's certainly close enough but I still have the Summit waiting for cleanup, working on repairing a side burner for the $25 Genesis 2000 Bruce turned me on to, still working on the grates from the 320 I traded my 220 to Bruce for, haven't even begun to design new igniters for the Wolf and need to get new flavorizor bars for the Silver B I got last year for $25. Busy busy busy. I need a job for some rest. Today gonna put the wheel weights on my new (to me) Simplicity Sovereign tractor, and going to try to finish the Q320 up so I can cook with it.
I can see how it might be a prize "historically" but just to much for me right now

Well I hope someone scoops it up and makes it pretty again. I do like the horizontal wood slats on the bottom table, and that grill historically is a beauty. I'll bet Jon is drooling and figuring out if he can drive to Madison!

Larry, that one has been up for a while, but it way down by the Illinois boarder. Not very far from you. I would have probably jumped on it if it had been in Madison.

Well I hope someone scoops it up and makes it pretty again. I do like the horizontal wood slats on the bottom table, and that grill historically is a beauty. I'll bet Jon is drooling and figuring out if he can drive to Madison!

LOL, yup...I'm pretty sure Jon is coming up with a plan to somehow take possession of that grill because it would make a great display for his Weber museum.

Larry, that one has been up for a while, but it way down by the Illinois boarder. Not very far from you. I would have probably jumped on it if it had been in Madison.

Yep it's in Monroe. Not really too bad of a drive. I just have WAY too much other stuff and while it's "interesting" it really doesn't "light my fire". I honestly think te best rendition of the Genesis is the large frame X000 with or without side burner and Durawood slats. I like the clean look and ease of maintenance.

I have a nice 1000 with durawood that I will be redoing after the Silver B I am currently working on. Yah, the durawood is easy maintenance, but IMO, the wood is classy.

LOL, yup...I'm pretty sure Jon is coming up with a plan to somehow take possession of that grill because it would make a great display for his Weber museum.

HAH!!! I had a really big laugh at this:D. As I caught up on this thread I was already thinking "Maybe Larry or Bruce could get that for me and just ship the unique parts to me here in Florida!";)

C'mon, Larry, what do you say?

Last edited:
HAH!!! I had a really big laugh at this:D. As I caught up on this thread I was already thinking "Maybe Larry or Bruce could get that for me and just ship the unique parts to me here in Florida!";)

C'mon, Larry, what do you say?

Haha, come on now Jon...we all know that you are the "Unofficial" Curator of the Weber Museum...:cool:

Ahh, Larry! The museum won't be complete without one of those:(!

I guess it is just as well, but for $20 (+gas $ and shipping) if there was any way I could get it I sure would. Even if I just disassembled and put away the special pieces for some future time.

I think it would be awfully expensive to ship the pieces. But than again maybe all that would need to be shipped is the Z brackets for the bottom shelf as they would be mounted tot he side frames rather than front and rear frames. Looks like the flip up table uses same brackets as the newer model, looks like all that is different. But than I'd have a skeleton to dispose of

Larry: It would probably better off just getting RCP to make a set of sideways Z brackets and not have to worry about another skeleton in your closet.

If it were possible what I would want is the control panel, manifold, knobs and igniter. Then the entire side burner which is different from any newer ones I have seen. And the large wheels and assuming it is removable the metal scale gage and scale itself. I would also want the bottom z brackets even if only to use as a template. The firebox, hood, bars, grates, burners and frame you can maybe give to Bruce?

I realize that would be a lot of time and effort on your part, so it is probably just not realistic. Don’t worry about it. Excuse my day dreaming...

Last edited:

Back