Looking for a recruiter outside my industry

THyde

TVWBB Guru
Hello Weber network! This post is outside the grill restoration stuff I usually post about.

I have a family member who has asked me if I can help find him a recruiter. He has owned and operated a successful landscaping business for the last ten years. His desire is to find a recruiter to help him explore career opportunities, ideally some kind of landscaping / machine / equipment sales role. He's sold cars successfully, sold copiers and been trained in sales, and actively uses his sales training to grow his landscaping business. He'd rather get off the mower and have his team work those jobs while he pursues a more formal career in some kind of equipment sales. He's also got experience as a locomotive engineer and in the shipping industry. I'm thinking his ideal role would be, say, a rep for Stihl or John Deere, but I'm not sure how that universe works. Maybe some kind of sales for train equipment or trucking equipment?

If anyone knows an appropriate recruiter I can connect him with, I'd be really grateful. He has seen how I have worked with recruiters over the years, and I've had really good experiences. It would be great to set him up with somebody in his space to talk to.

Thank you again, please do not hesitate to ask me to do the same for you one day!

All the best,

Tim

Has he thought about Real Estate? I did that for 14 years but it did "burn me out" though I did well and was successful. BTW no college or formal training. Actually had a technical background most of my life. Beginning as an auto tech, than into office equipment and early (very early) office computers, and than into the training end before I decided to try my hand at my own business which landed me in the Real Estate industry.
Of course than I had burned out with my life not being my own. and decided to walk away and go into airline industry from which I finally retired. (Wish I hadn't though). Retirement was more driven by family need rather than my own

He's thought of real estate, but I think he wants a paycheck kind of right away. I found him a recruiter on LinkedIn, he's going to just describe his background and see what the recruiter says.

For what it's worth, I finally got back to work on Monday after nine months (nine long, long months) after turning down several jobs for VERY weak pay. I work in the biotechnology sales world, so I sell services and specialized products to pharmaceutical research institutions like Merck and Pfizer. That's why I'm not sure about the industries I mentioned, I'm in a niche.

Thanks very much!

Back