Hello, and a special THANK YOU to Chris Allingham!

Garo Y

Hi everyone,

I live in southeastern Pennsylvania and I had purchased my Genesis Silver B a few years ago for $50, from a neighbor. It cleaned up beautifully and I have recently added the excellent RCPlanebuyer grates/flavor bars, a wood handle, and a Weber tank cover.

When I joined this great forum recently, a post by moderator Chris Allingham caught my eye. A red lid, free of charge to anyone in his nearby CALIFORNIA. My heart sunk, thinking that he understandably might not want to go through the trouble of shipping such a large and bulky item. I figured I'd reach out and ask though, because I couldn't just let it go that easily. After a few emails, I found Chris to be a generous and helpful individual who agreed to send it across the country, for the actual shipping cost of $110.

Well, here it is, before and after! Thanks again Chris, this lid will live on and has a new lease on life here on the east coast!

42185584444_2da1a632db_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_5459 by

IMG_5520 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/55628531@N07/

Last edited:
Yay! It found a great home and looks GREAT! You did a great job cleaning it up, Garo! (Oops, too many "greats"!)

Thanks! Yes, I’m glad that my dad wanted to keep it when I was young and my grandparents’ home was being sold. It turns out it uses freon and should be relatively simple to repair should something go wrong, and it doesn’t use as much electricity as one would think either.

Back