Grad & FD Celebration

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
My youngest recently graduated from 8th grade, so we had the family over yesterday for a celebration dinner. I told her she could pick whatever she wanted me to grill, and she chose tri tip (smart girl!) My wife found some good looking artichokes at the store, and I decided to grill them (never done that before!) The chokes got quartered, par-boiled, and then a vinaigrette (olive oil, lemon juice, some spices). Grilled those for about 8 minutes on the Q to get some char. The tri tips got a good dusting of Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust, on the grill indirect (temp about 400-425) for 35 minutes, then seared off for 2 minutes on each side. Everything turned out really well, and the couscous my daughter put together for a side was delicious as well!

Chokes prepped:

42828147172_16d0b8f498_k.jpg

Chokes done:

41976041115_a29b84d81c_k.jpg

Tri tip post sear:

41976041575_36ae76a31e_k.jpg

Everything plated up:

41976040825_21255e0310_k.jpg

The tri tips were Prime from CostCo, and wow, the marbling was just awesome! I missed out on the medium rare slices from the first roast I sliced, but I made up for it when I got into the second one. :)

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Rich

Beautiful tri-tip and plate.

We love grilled artichokes, however cutting those things in half or quarters is something else.

Congrats to the Grad Rich. Terrific looking cook. Tri Tips are gorgeous and I really like the looks of your daughter's Couscous. I grill artichokes quite a bit, but do them whole in foil with tons of garlic and a little oil, salt and pepper. Yours look delicious.

Tri Tip is done perfect and the plated pic says it all. Fantastic job. Congrats to your daughter.

Thanks Rich. I've done Israeli Couscous before but the apples and dried cranberries bump it up a notch or two. You can bet I'll be doing it!

Last edited:

Back