Burner Removal

Kevin Coulombe

TVWBB Member
I’m having a bit of difficulty removing a burner tube from the little bolt that is supposedly for line-up purposes only. The front one came right out, the middle was out enough that I could pry on the slot with a screwdriver, the back one is stuck. It’s been bathing in PB Blaster for days and still won’t budge. Any tips? I’d rather not have to drill and tap it if I don’t have to. It’s a 2009 E310 E/W burner if that matters. Thanks!

There is no bolt on the middle one that I recall. Even if by some miracle you removed that screw it would not free the burner up. I have never seen one stuck that bad that a simple pry with a screwdriver didn't pop it right out.

Thanks! Your post encouraged me to try a bigger/better screwdriver and a couple different pry locations. Came right out. I think some copper anti-seize is in order for the reinstall

Last edited:
Kevin that is one place I will NOT recommend using anti seize products. Just clean the carbon off and simply remove the burners for a good cleaning once every year or so

Back