Post Concert, Father's Day Weekend Camping Trip

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Much to sweet Pammi Sue's dismay, her hubby is a headbanger! I went to a thrash metal concert Thursday night and had a blast!
Now, being an older headbanger has it's drawbacks. Like, I can't rock out until 11:30 PM and still get up at 5:30 AM to go to work. Imagine that!
To make up for it, we went camping at a small campground that the county owns on a lake in south Charlotte.
Yes, the short dogs got to come too!
41022636760_7626158ebe_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
Friday night, I cooked up a half a pork tenderloin on the dedicated camping wood handled black SJ. I bought it at a yard sale about 12 years ago as a camping grill. Still works like a charm!
41932207455_af7e541ed4_k.jpg
41022945810_761b7b32b8_k.jpg
I forgot to bring a meat thermometer, so it went a little over, but still tasty!
As usual, no plated pics.

With a nod to Bob Correll, Pammi made Eggs McPammi for breakfast! Very similar, just cooked on a camp stove, instead of a grill.

41932202025_83bd32639a_k.jpg

We did hotdogs for lunch. Sorry, forgot to get pics. the little ones were getting hungry!

After lunch, we blew up a pool and let the kids play! They had a blast, and kept them from running around too much! ;)
28990831798_c631576121_k.jpg

The for dinner, the SJ was used again to cook some butterflied BSCB, seasoned with Weber's Original BBQ seasoning. I cooked some corn halves also.
28990831438_99325a1da6_k.jpg
28990827858_7874f26bda_k.jpg

Lastly, we had s'mores! Little man had never had one before, so we gave him a marshmallow to try first!

27994655687_d1098ef0cc_k.jpg
He liked it! Duh! And you can see our home away from home in the background.
Back home today to rest. Love those 2 little guys more than I can say, but, holy wow, they wear us out!
Happy Father's day to all the dads out there and thanks for looking!

Looks like you had a blast and ate very well.

Never thought to take a kiddie pool camping when ours were younger, but that's brilliant!

Great pics Phil. Love the camping box fan. Looks like you and the family had a blast.

Good times!!! Camping with the children, relaxing, grilling and having fun is one of the things that you will remember forever. The kids look great & so does the food.

Looks like a really fun time Phil! A good time for all, especially those cute kids. Food looks great and I like the "short dogs" too. Nice post.

Outstanding post Phil. Looks like the kids had fun and all that great food, awesome job. I see the "short dogs" were enjoying themselves also, don't want to work to hard at it. I'd say a great time was had by all.

What a great Father's day Phil. Killer cooks and good looking family, even the four footers

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Rusty, yes, we were at McDowell Nature preserve. Full hook ups are only $26 a night for county residents. Can't beat that with a stick!
And, whaddaya know, I found the hot dog pics! :rolleyes:
29002312908_45f1df09fe_k.jpg

Back