New firebox only, does it make sense to buy this?

If you get everything in the photos.....He11 yah. Any one of those parts is worth $45. Even the flavo bars are going to cost about that much. Contact him via the $45 add and go get it. Great parts for a flip grill or if you have a E310, it is a great cache of parts. You can resale the rest and still come out ahead.

So I picked up the Parts. For $45. Looks like three burner Spirit. Also came with a SS door and a back panel. Burners, manifold, igniter, flavorizer bars, grease pan, tank scale and bunch of other tiny parts I have to sift through. Not sure where he got it from. The firebox has some scratches but that can be fixed. Just for fun I tried the maroon hood from that Weber 3000 I bought some time ago. It actually fits. Lol. Exact same fire box dimensions.

Sounds like someone bought a grill and cannibalized parts off of it. I think you got a great score there. For the parts you don't think you will want/need, you can sell individually. You probably could make up the $45 five times over by selling the parts individually.

Right now I have not decided if to keep or sell that stuff. I could use some to refurbish a Spirit. Dropping in a new firebox is les work than cleaning one. But maybe I can sell it on ebay. Not sure local interest would be big enough.
All new parts. Including grates and flavorizer bars.
35559116_10212016950402679_5372550633238822912_n.jpg

And the old hood fits... lol. I could build my own Frankengrill. All parts there to get the grill going. Just have build a frame.
35477870_10212016944242525_7143754206480957440_n.jpg

Last edited:
I would find a donor grill to steal the frame from before I would try to build one. I would list everything you don't need on CL and FB for a while to see if you can get any interest, if not, then try Ebay.

Not building my own frame. This was just a crazy thought. No one would buy that anyhow I don’t want it either. I will keep it for now to see if a cheap donor grill comes along. Now I am just mad I did not buy the one with the bend firebox I came across two weeks ago. But who thinks one can find all these parts...😊
But this is the smallest buy in the garage right now. Bought a Shopsmith from my neighbor on Friday. It was an offer I could not resist. No more cars in the garage for the foreseeable future. 😂

Back