Keep your eye's peeled

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
With Fathers day being today, keep your eyes open on CL and FB and other sites for used Weber grills to pop up over the next several days.

With Fathers day being today, keep your eyes open on CL and FB and other sites for used Weber grills to pop up over the next several days.

Bruce
U must have ESP. Grills are popping up all over Face Book Market Place. I've seen a 2000, a Silver B and a Genesis Gold.

LOL, funny thing is, nothing has popped around me at all so far. At least nothing I would be interested in for rehabbing.

Yep lots of stuff popping here. Also had I waited a little for another Garden Tractor I would have had even better choices. Seems it's around this time dads get new tractors

Larry, are all the grill hitting in Chicago, because I am not seeing anything in the Madison area.

Yep lots of stuff in the Chicago market. Of course I only look in the very far NW burbs for stuff.

Sure has been slower than I expected. But, I figure they are all assembling and setting up the new grill now and will deal with the wreck in the garage later. Keep vigilant for the next few days/week.

Sure has been slower than I expected. But, I figure they are all assembling and setting up the new grill now and will deal with the wreck in the garage later. Keep vigilant for the next few days/week.

Yes, that would be my expectation. We already have a few things going pre-Father’s Day.

They're popping all over the place around here. If you were closer Bruce I'd grab some for you and my next trip to Cheeseland I'd just bring them up. I'm trying to lay off since I don't trust myself LOL

Yah, No big deal. I still have some stock left to work on. I am only looking for those great deals anyway. If it isn't "too good to pass up", at this point, I am passing. But, I did expect more to be popping this past weekend than I saw.

It has been quiet down here so far. A few expensive ones have been showing up in the usual sites. Nothing that can be fixed and flipped for a decent win. We are quite far into summer down here and I guess people already bought most of their outdoor gear already. One exception: Friend of mine sent me this link from a thrift store. If is still there tonight I might head down there and have a look:
https://www.facebook.com/UrbanThrif...2203.183730935081812/1718539274934296/?type=3

Last edited:
Stefan, you are aware that it is a NG grill???? Otherwise, it looks like it might be worth a look. I am thinking he will take $25.

I know it is NG. I still have a 3 burner and a 3+ sideburner LP manifold lying around. I am going to look at it tomorrow. I want to check out the interior parts if they are worth buying . And I could use the z brackets for another grill.
Plus I am probably going to buy annother Silver C with a blue hood. Meeting the seller tomorrow evening.

Looked at it. Although the lid looks shiny silver on the photo is is actually grey. Some weird greenish grey, partially faded and with some tiny spots where the enamel is broken and rust can be seen. Firebox has the typical broken/rusted bolts for the sliders of the grease pan and the burners are toast. The flavorizer bars and grates are SS and look salvageable. The frame is good except some rust where the horizontal bars connect in the rear. This is a parts grill but not worth that much. They would not budge on price so I left it.

Not all that much going on around here. Of course one thing to consider is that there are probably a lot more "chinajunk" grills being ditched in favor of a new (probably another chinajunk:mad:) grill. Most of us aren't looking for one of those to restore!

I did see this Summit for only $150. It superficially looks like it is not a rust bucket, but the door being off hints at the frame bottom failing. Seller does say they "just had it with Weber" so maybe the internals are in better than normal shape.

314dxr9.jpg

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/d/weber-summit-grillgrill-5-yrs/6619401417.html

Don't worry, I am NOT interested! I am done with this generation of Summits, even a $150 one that looks this nice. Now if a nice Summit Platinum were to appear...

Yup, had the chance to get a Genny 2000, 3000 and a nice looking Silver B for free. All of those posts said that they got a new grill for Father's day and was looking to get rid of their older one. I just don't have the time right now to take on other grills at the moment so I let them go and they went quick!

Still not a lot popping around here. Seems a lot of $25-$50 kettles though are being replaced by people.

Back