Silver C on ebay.

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
I saw a Silver C on ebay that is about 45 minutes from me. My question is it appears to be in good shape, but where the frame meets the fire box there looks like a hole with rust. It has a maroon lid and the guy wants 150.00 obo. Question is I know that cross member is welded, but can it be cut out and replaced? Also how about the price? Based on some of grill prices folks are paying 150.00 seems like alot

I certainly wouldn't pay $150 for a grill that needed parts of the frame replaced. Chances are there are other issues.
Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WEBER-GRIL...321660?hash=item442056967c:g:hG4AAOSwHPNbHra7

I have seen grills just like this for well under $100. But, I just did a search on your area for Weber grills on Facebook and Craigslist and it looks like your pickings are pretty slim. Even with Louisville, KY in your area. I still think you can get a better deal if you hold out.

Is this grill going to be for your personal use or will you be rehabbing and flipping it?

Last edited:
You may want to drive there and have a look. If it worth rehabbing then make an offer. I build my Gold C out of two grills. One I got for free and I paid $40 for.

I don't think I would drive there unless I was sure he would accept much less than the asking price. It has a "Make an Offer" button. Maybe hit it for $50 and see what happens. It looks like he has been sitting on it for 5 days already and I doubt he will get a bid on it at all. If you make an offer, he may counter it and that will give you an idea what he really would accept. I would still wait another week or two and when he is desperate, maybe make another offer, but not for more than $50.

I don't think I would drive there unless I was sure he would accept much less than the asking price. It has a "Make an Offer" button. Maybe hit it for $50 and see what happens. It looks like he has been sitting on it for 5 days already and I doubt he will get a bid on it at all. If you make an offer, he may counter it and that will give you an idea what he really would accept. I would still wait another week or two and when he is desperate, maybe make another offer, but not for more than $50.

I have a siver c I bought and it is good shape, waiting on a frame up restoration. I was interested in this one more for the lid. I don't buy them to flip, I fix them up and gI've to relatIves and friends. I already have two I cook on, my 2000 green lid and my 1000 red lid.

I believe you can use the lid off any silver B or C grill. You can also use a Genesis 1000 through 5000 lid.

Back