What do you guys think of this $40 Weber Summit?

I can tell you from experience this is one of the best and easiest grills to cook on bar none there is. With one fatal flaw the front of the fire box rusts out badly and there is no replacement for it. If you could get a replacement made for it out of stainless it could not be beat with a stick. The other flaw is as well as it cooks it can't do rotisserie worth a hoot. Because of the front to back burners. But, if the fire box is good or you can fix it an outstanding grill. The other thing is those grates are the VERY heavy SS 3/8" welded rod type. Worth the $50 by themselves. And they will fit any Genesis 1,2, 3 or x000 series out there. So you could buy it for just the grates and toss the rest

You can’t let that one get by. At that price you could take the probably failing front piece from the firebox to a sheet metal shop and have them fabricate a stainless replacement. For that matter, have them make a small run of them and sell them! I’ll bet Larry would be in for one:eek:!

The rest of the grill just looks like a lot of elbow grease. They are very well built grills, but if somehow it turns out to be a lost cause, the grates alone are easily worth it as has been noted.

+24 on the grates. They should also fit Genny B/C Gold/Silver. Also, if the grill box is toast, and you could probably part it out and easily make your money back. I'd buy the side burner off of you (or at least the top part of the burner to replace the parts I melted). I know that someone over at WKC was looking for the condiment racks on each side.

Back