Pork Rind Pellets

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I've been on a pork rind jag for probably too long now.
I recently read about pork rind pellets and my 2.5 lb. bag of them just came from Amazon.
Once popped in the microwave, or oven, they have about 100 mg less sodium, 3 g less fat, and 20 less calories per serving than the bagged ones. Yeah, a "serving" is 1/2 ounce.
I put the ones shown in a paper bag, nuked for 45 seconds, shook the bag and did another 45 seconds. They're light, crispy, and have more of a bacon flavor than any I've had.
They were a little greasy out of the mylar bag, but have been riding in the mail Jeep in 90F temperatures.

I plan to cold smoke some, pre-popped, hoping for even more of a bacon taste.

They look like little pieces of toffee.

Very interesting, don't care for pork rinds that much but I would try those if it has a better bacon flavor. Let us know how the cold smoke worked.

All I can say is:
“Hmmm?”
Please keep the porkie eaters out here apprised of the advances in rind deliciousness!
Bob, you got it baaaaad!

Those look interesting - I get a bag of PRs once every year or 2, usually the spicy ones

I'm thinking that would make a great side if George brought a grilled SPAM entree! :) Seriously, though, very interesting stuff, and I like the smoking idea.....a bit of hickory should take you to bacon land with those!

Thanks for introducing me to this one, Bob.....not sure it's available in Kalifornia (probably need a permit to buy it), but I'll look! :)

R

They make them like that where you can toss them in a fryer and make your own. Those look great. I hate those hard ones in the bag. The puffy ones are great.

That's very interesting Bob, never had them but would love to try some. They look good.

I've never see or heard about those Bob. They sure look good after the microwave step. I'm kind of in the same boat as Clint. I get one or two bags and binge out on them and then don't think about them for a long time. Guess it's time!

Back