Thread: Ignition/starter

Ignition/starter

I have the old model Q300 with the non-electronic ignition. Is it possible to swap that out for the kind that runs on batteries? i.e. does it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by BThompson (bltkmt) View Post
    I have the old model Q300 with the non-electronic ignition. Is it possible to swap that out for the kind that runs on batteries? i.e. does it fit?
    I am not sure, but I think you can do that. I would go carefully, because both the starter button and the inside igniter part have to fit. Hopefully, someone else here knows more.

One thing I would say is that the electronic starters are nice when they work but they are definitely more problem prone than the old-fashioned piezo igniters.
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

Yah, I agree with Jon. Get the old style. They have a lot less problems and cost less than half as much.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

I think the inside part is the same whether the battery type or not. Only the actual spark generator portion is different