Sweet Apricot Hoisin Glaze Thighs

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Simple dinner for Rich after coming home from the hospital.
Did a rub of kosher salt, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, ground ginger and cinnamon. After mixing everything I then seasoned the chicken. Then made a glaze with apricot preserves, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, minced ginger heated on the stove till thickened. Chicken on the E320 indirect with cherry wood for smoke for 20 minutes, then basted with the glaze on both sides and went another 20 minutes till 165*. While chicken rested did a veggie combo for side dish.

42731381932_c554f80e77_z.jpg
[/url]100_3337 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

42731380542_d590def885_z.jpg
[/url]100_3340 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

42731379172_35404bc1fd_z.jpg
[/url]100_3343 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

42731377862_fe0ec244d6_z.jpg
[/url]100_3345 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Everything was great and simple. Much better than hospital food as we all know.
Thanks for looking.

Thanks for taking care of Rich for us, Barb! Good looking grub.....maybe needed some green jello to make him feel at home? :)

R

With the way Barb is feeding me my talking scale will soon start saying "one at a time please":rolleyes:

What a super cook, Barb. Your plate looks wonderful. Really like that glaze. May copy that.

You started the post with 'simple dinner', then rattled off multiple ingredients that sounded incredible together. Nice work pulling all that together - it looks terrific.

Last time I got out of the hospital, my wife picked up a 1/4 pounder with cheese!
That’s a beautiful thing you did right there!

Barb your the Queen of grill, that apricot
glaze sounds amazing. I’m sure Rich wishes he was helping you cook.
Take it slow Rich and then you can spoil Barb with a few of your tasty recipes.

Back