Thread: Frame Square Nut Connector

Frame Square Nut Connector

I need to replace a portion of my frame where the welded in square nut rusted away. I thought I remember someone posting push in type square nuts that allow you to then bolt in a new piece of the frame, but I can't find the post. If someone knows what I'm talking about could you please point me in the direction of where to buy these, or if there is a better way to salvage a section of frame?

Thanks in advance!

(with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Thanks Sam! You are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    No problem. All of the members here are very awesome...well, almost everybody ...LOL, j/k.
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    Brian,

You will really like those McMaster parts. They work very well in my initial experience.

Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

Pretty neat part!

I'll have to remember this info.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

That sure is a win! I'm going to be needing a bunch of those for my rusted out 5000 I'm trying to piece back together. Awesome photos of the replacement part in use too. I'm sure it could easily be painted black to match the rest of the cart, but on the other hand, it's not really noticeable at all unless you're looking.
    Q1200 Q320 Genesis 5000

I went to the web page trying to figure out the cost, so I added a bag of 4 to my cart and tried to figure out shipping charges. Somewhere along the line, I wound up placing an order for them. I got the shipping invoice via email this morning. I didn't really intend to actually place the order, but I will just let it go through since I will be able to use them. What sux is that the shipping costs more than the fasteners. I don't ever remember putting in CC info and it looks like they are sending them out with a payment due invoice. I can't remember the last time I ordered something off the internet with a "Bill me Later" option.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

The last time I ordered from McMaster-Carr, I bought 8 of the 1.25" square connectors (they are sold in packs of 4 at 8.96 per pack) and 8 of the 1" square connectors (they are sold in packs of 4 at 5.84) per pack, so the subtotal came to ~$30 and shipping was $6 to my door. I didn't think the shipping charge was unreasonable.

I've since used up all 8 of the 1" connectors, but I still have 4 of the 1.25" ones.
    2002 Genesis Silver B, 2004 Genesis Gold C, 1996 Genesis 1000
    Q200