I'll gladly pay you Tuesday......

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
.....for some beef ribs today.

While chatting with the butcher at our local market today, I asked him if the short ribs they had in the case were cut from whole slabs, and he grabbed a cryovac pack from the back to show me. With no hesitation, I told him I'd take the package of two four-bone racks he was holding, and I was out the door with them in about five minutes. Since I was working from home, I set up the WSM 22", fired up the charcoal, and while that was coming up to temp, I prepped the ribs. Just put a decent dust of Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express on them, got them on the grill with my Cyber-Q in command at 260, and went back to work. About 7 hours later, they were done......

Ribs on after about 30 minutes (had to take a call.....):

28890520638_21e0062c99_k.jpg

Lazy-Q:

42714542782_66b7743449_k.jpg

Done:

42717910472_c7418ab7d6_k.jpg

Sliced:

28893850328_b58267f435_k.jpg

....and a side (done in my CI skillet on the Q):

42717909042_1c4e35b160_k.jpg

Man, were these good!!! Tender, great smoke flavor from the hickory and cherry, and just perfect beefy flavor. I don't cook these too often, as everyone here prefers pork ribs, so these beef bones were a treat! I invited a buddy over, and we killed one rack of four bones. Got some leftovers for tomorrow.......life is very good!

Q on!

R

Damn...those beef ribs look good!! Looove beef ribs.

I don't know where to find the meaty beef ribs in my area. When I'm feeling beef ribs, I would buy a prime rib roast and cut out the bones.

Great Lookin' Bones, Rich ! ! !

I don't know where to find the meaty beef ribs in my area. When I'm feeling beef ribs, I would buy a prime rib roast and cut out the bones.

Check with your grocer/butcher. If they sell short ribs, they probably cut them down from Plate Ribs.

BD

Great Lookin' Bones, Rich ! ! !

Check with your grocer/butcher. If they sell short ribs, they probably cut them down from Plate Ribs.

BD

Exactly! I asked the "meat guy" if they cut down their short ribs from whole slabs, and he was glad to grab me a two-pack in cryovac from the back, and knock it down $2 to sell "untrimmed".

R

Back