Can we get back to grilling posts?

Maybe check out the Photo Gallery and Recipes sections? This is a public BB and people are at liberty to discuss all things "grilling," I feel.

Last edited:
Fine line between what you're asking for (quite valid) and what BFletcher says (valid as well).

Chris is the ONLY mod on this forum and does a great job. If you feel a thread is in the wrong forum, "report" the post (lower left part of post--black icon) . Chris is the only one who see's that report and if he thinks it's in the wrong place, he'll move it.

If it's not moved (he's frequently away on the week ends so things may be delayed a bit), he didn't ignore you/your request. He just feels the post is ok where it is.

Not so much interested in grill reviews, more so about actually grilling food.

There are "grill" specific meaning the item not the act BUT pretty much dedicated ONLY to Weber products. Some other stuff does sneak in there primarily from me because I am the "bad apple" in the bunch who does not bow and genuflect at all things Weber and does NOT believe (especially now) they make the best products for the money anymore. So I am sure I am not the only one and there are others here who would like to share their thoughts on this. But honestly I have no problem sharing other products on the Weber forums. Honestly Jan, lots of good folks here sharing lots of different things. Sometimes it does not end up where you think it should but hey who cares we're all friends here

There are "grill" specific meaning the item not the act BUT pretty much dedicated ONLY to Weber products. Some other stuff does sneak in there primarily from me because I am the "bad apple" in the bunch who does not bow and genuflect at all things Weber and does NOT believe (especially now) they make the best products for the money anymore. So I am sure I am not the only one and there are others here who would like to share their thoughts on this. But honestly I have no problem sharing other products on the Weber forums. Honestly Jan, lots of good folks here sharing lots of different things. Sometimes it does not end up where you think it should but hey who cares we're all friends here
Not trying to hijack the thread, and I have heard some of the complaints concerning the new Webers, but what do you mean by "especially now"? BTW, all my Webers are older and I haven't ever been disappointed.

Questions/discussion specific to the purchase, assembly, operation, cleaning, restoration, etc. of Weber grills should be posted in one of these forums:

New WSM Owners
WSM - 14.5", 18.5" & 22.5"
WSM Modifications
Weber Charcoal Kettle Grills
Weber Gas Grills
Weber Q Grills
Weber Portable Grills
Weber Accessories
Smokey Joe Mini WSM Project

Questions/discussion about the art/science of grilling or any grilling product that is not Weber should be posted in the Grilling forum.

Photos bragging on the awesome stuff you've grilled should be posted in the Photo Gallery forum.

Some of you are very good about reporting threads that you think are posted in the wrong forum (you know who you are!). I review each report and move posts when it makes sense.

My advice to Jan is to hang in there! Sometimes the discussion can go heavy into an area you're not particularly interested in...things usually swing back the other direction given some time. :D

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Chris

Grilling related post,
I just received an email from the esteemed TonyUK who is out on an oil rig in the North Sea. He told me that he turned a corner and walked right into a Ranch Kettle on the rig!
He’d told me that that is one thing he misses when he’s out there, grilling!

Grilling related post,
I just received an email from the esteemed TonyUK who is out on an oil rig in the North Sea. He told me that he turned a corner and walked right into a Ranch Kettle on the rig!
He’d told me that that is one thing he misses when he’s out there, grilling!

I've always heard the food was great on offshore rigs. The companies did everything they could to make life as good as possible. Surprises me they not have more smokers and grills. I bet Gulf of Mexico offshore has them. Probably prime brisket also.

Ive heard it’s pretty common in the Gulf too! He was surprised that they had a Ranch Kettle, I am a little bit too, drum cookers are on lots of rigs and even tow boats on the Mississippi River, I’ve seen those but, never a big boy Weber!

Not trying to hijack the thread, and I have heard some of the complaints concerning the new Webers, but what do you mean by "especially now"? BTW, all my Webers are older and I haven't ever been disappointed.

I meant exactly what I wrote. The new products IMO from the change in 2011 to front burners and onward have been a pretty big disappointment IMO. When they came out my sister and BIL bought one of them. She asked me to come and install it for them. Every package I opened inside the main box was labeled "Made in China" and I was disappointed in the overall quality (lack of) I saw. The only thing they did in the US was package the parts from over seas suppliers and made a couple of the sheet metal stampings. That was it. Now the products are blatantly Chinese. So I meant exactly what I wrote. I don't believe for the $$$ spent they're the best product out there. Decent yes but NOT exceptional the way they used to be.
Yes the old stuff is the "good stuff" and they're worth every penny to "save" whether you do a full on restoration for both cosmetics and function or as I do concentrate on restoring function more than cosmetics.

Back