Thanks Chris!!!

Ditto ....... IDK what I'd be doin today if I had not found the VWBB back in 2002. As far as a " how to " site, this was the best.

Reading the history of the site did bring back some memories. It was part of The Smoke Ring, which was an unusual concept but worked well back then. Could go from site to site. And somehow over the years, I lost contact with The BBQ forum.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, today, June 12, 2018, marks the 20th anniversary of The Virtual Weber Bullet website!

It's been a long, interesting, and rewarding journey so far. I recorded a short video greeting earlier today to say a few words about the whole thing.

If you want to learn more about how I got into this mess, take a look at The History Of The Virtual Weber Bullet.

If you want to explore TVWB as it looked back in 1998, you can do that here.

If you're interested in a TVWB 20th Anniversary t-shirt, they're still available for a $25 donation to the website.

If you want a chance to win an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker in June, visit the prize drawing entry page.

A special thanks to all of you who participate each day in this forum, helping and supporting and having fun with other members. I really appreciate all of you! :wsm:

Best regards,
Chris

Congrats Chris
I have only been hanging out here a little less than a year. But the websight has helped me immensely. I started out looking for a smoker doing searches on my phone while taking my cousins wife to see him in the hospital last summer. (it was a long summer) I kept coming back here,and decided on an 18.8 WSM. Found a barely used one with handles/Lid hinge/extra grates on Craigslist,and the rest is history. I have tried recipe after recipe on TVWB,and haven't had a failure yet. I also bought an 18 kettle. I already had a Smokey Joe. My only gripe is I am gaining weight :eek:

Ditto ....... IDK what I'd be doin today if I had not found the VWBB back in 2002. As far as a " how to " site, this was the best.

Reading the history of the site did bring back some memories. It was part of The Smoke Ring, which was an unusual concept but worked well back then. Could go from site to site. And somehow over the years, I lost contact with The BBQ forum.

That's how I remember finding the site pre 2004 too. Pretty cool it's been 20 years, a pioneering site that's for sure. I learned most of what I know from Chris' well-documented cooks, then years later venturing into the forum watching what others have done, & then trying my mods with reckless abandon.

Congrats on 10 years running a fantastic site, Chris!

It occurred to me just this week that my WSM is turning 10 and I found this site 10 years ago. I lurked for a few months before finally joining later that year. Man, time flies when you're having fun.

PS: really enjoyed poking around the original site. Thanks for sharing that link.

Last edited:
Congratulations Chris!!! You've created a great community and a ton of resources for us!! The amount that I've learned here since getting my first smoker last year has made it so easy and fun to crank out great food!!!

Well as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. Just want to say that Barb and I have had a wonderful time and learned so much on the forum. Besides from the learning experience it's the friends we've made here. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Can't add much more than that.
Congratulations Chris and here's wishing you at least another 20 years with this wonderful forum.

Back