Some Pies in the Brick Kettle Pizza Oven

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I finally got a chance to use my "Brick Red" kettle. I found this one for $20 and it is my dedicated pizza kettle. We used Tyler Florence's dough recipe, that is my go to from now on.

Getting the fire going.

Let the oak get fired up.

I think it's hot enough.

Getting close.

The pies. I'll explain the triangle one below.

I'm getting better at this, lots of cornmeal on the peel is the secret. The triangle shaped pizza was my fault. You must prepare the pizza on the peel, my daughter and I did this on the first two. On the last pizza we started topping the dough on the counter and realized our mistake after it was done. It is not easy to get a raw loaded dough on the peel after the fact. Lesson learned. Pies were great. Thanks for looking.:cool:

Last edited:
Those pies look great, Pat! I'm sure they tasted the same. What are the toppings on the pie on the right? Tomato? and what else?

Those pies look great, Pat! I'm sure they tasted the same. What are the toppings on the pie on the right? Tomato? and what else?

Robert, we had one with pepperoni, one with pepperoni, mushrooms and onions, and one with basil and roma tomatoes. All three had mozzarella for cheese.

Looks good Pat. I'm still trying to find a 22 kettle for my dedicated pizza cooker so I can get the kettle pizza off the garage wall.

Damn Pat, that looks fabulous. I think it's only fair some gets shipped north of the border.. you know, for quality control ;)

Damn Pat, that looks fabulous. I think it's only fair some gets shipped north of the border.. you know, for quality control ;)

Thanks Jeremy. My parents lived in Calgary in the late 1980's. I remember having a great steak at Caesar's Steak House up there.

I’m right with you Rich, I need to find a “Bargain” Kettle for dedicated Pizza zone, I could use the extra space in the garage too.

Man Pat, what a steal. 20 bucks! If you posted that find, I missed it. I'd almost hold back from making that my dedicated grill for just pizza. Too pretty. I use one of my older black OTS for mine. Pizza's look wonderful. Pretty cool, collaborative pizzas with your daughter. Nice post.

Thanks Jeremy. My parents lived in Calgary in the late 1980's. I remember having a great steak at Caesar's Steak House up there.

That's awesome, small world! Yup there's history with Caesars, still going strong in the original location with the giant fire grill front and centre. Still putting out tons of cheese bread and steaks hehe.. I notice you are in Katy, just a few exits west of my US office. Might need to reach out for some recommendations next time I'm down there!

Nice, Pat.

I splurged for the Kettle Pizza as well and was delivered this past weekend, I am hoping to try it out sometime this week with my copper kettle premium.

Oh my... that looks incredible... I have been hanging my nose over one of those pizza kettle things for a while. You may have tipped me over the edge.

Back