Thread: 2-Bone Rib Roast

2-Bone Rib Roast

Howdy folks, first post back here in a long long while. Also I can tell I am out of practice on the photos portion, cause I missed a bunch of the middle steps stuff hehe..

Anyways as is becoming our Sunday tradition, I pull a nice 4# roast out of the freezer a few days back for a sit down Sunday dinner with the family.

Seasoned it up with some Weber Coffee and some steak seasoning.

Tossed her out on the Performer with some oak and apple wood. After a rainy and windy cook I pulled it off at 124 degrees to rest while I prepped the sides.

No picks of the prepped sides, but they were foil pouched sweet potatoes and some green beans. Seasoned both with a little spice rub and some olive oil. Nothing tough but they came out great!

After resting the meat got sliced up and added to the plating, as you would.

Also spun up a quick little chimichurri sauce with some cilantro, garlic, onion since I prefer cilantro to parsley. There's your plate! gotta say the simple sauce definitely kicked things over the top from an already pretty awesome meal. Wife was happy and the kiddo had bits of everything too.. Also had our first humming bird come visit in the rain, but too damn quick for a photo.

I like my bbqing like I like my cars... Low and Slow
    18.5 WSM "Suzie Q", 22.5 Performer "Barbie Q"

Good gosh that is one delicious meal. Roast look fantastic as well as the sides. Photos wonderful also.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Welcome back, Jeremy! That's a fine looking meal, and you nailed that roast just like I like it. I've got a dinner coming up that I'm planning for which will probably include a chimichurri sauce....interesting twist with the cilantro!

The hummingbirds have been tormenting my cats for a couple of months now!

R

Thanks guys, things worked out pretty well, and I am glad to be back.

Rich I think the brightness of the cilantro added a nice fresh bite to the chimichurri, and it really played well with the beef. I'll be doing it again like this for sure.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    That roast looks perfect Jeremy and the sides are looking good also. That chimichurri sauce sounds like a perfect addition to the beef.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Great looking plate of food Jeremy.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG 18 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

That roast looks super - as does the plate. You hit the wall. Good job!
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Man Jeremy, you nailed that one it looks delicious.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

Thanks folks, appreciate it! I've got a few cooks planned over the next couple of weeks including a repeat of something I trialed last summer, Bacon burnt ends, which I'll be putting together for my brother in law's birthday that I look forward to sharing and getting some thoughts on.