2-Bone Rib Roast

Jeremy Calow

TVWBB Super Fan
Howdy folks, first post back here in a long long while. Also I can tell I am out of practice on the photos portion, cause I missed a bunch of the middle steps stuff hehe..

Anyways as is becoming our Sunday tradition, I pull a nice 4# roast out of the freezer a few days back for a sit down Sunday dinner with the family.

Seasoned it up with some Weber Coffee and some steak seasoning.

I0000OKMjagTUons.jpg

Tossed her out on the Performer with some oak and apple wood. After a rainy and windy cook I pulled it off at 124 degrees to rest while I prepped the sides.

I0000osxQdiJSqQw.jpg

No picks of the prepped sides, but they were foil pouched sweet potatoes and some green beans. Seasoned both with a little spice rub and some olive oil. Nothing tough but they came out great!

I0000lP1FNh0mk_I.jpg

After resting the meat got sliced up and added to the plating, as you would.

I0000ycj0LV.w.nA.jpg

Also spun up a quick little chimichurri sauce with some cilantro, garlic, onion since I prefer cilantro to parsley. There's your plate! gotta say the simple sauce definitely kicked things over the top from an already pretty awesome meal. Wife was happy and the kiddo had bits of everything too.. Also had our first humming bird come visit in the rain, but too damn quick for a photo.

I0000UY_ykfqDGPk.jpg

Welcome back, Jeremy! That's a fine looking meal, and you nailed that roast just like I like it. I've got a dinner coming up that I'm planning for which will probably include a chimichurri sauce....interesting twist with the cilantro!

The hummingbirds have been tormenting my cats for a couple of months now! ;)

R

Thanks guys, things worked out pretty well, and I am glad to be back.

Rich I think the brightness of the cilantro added a nice fresh bite to the chimichurri, and it really played well with the beef. I'll be doing it again like this for sure.

That roast looks perfect Jeremy and the sides are looking good also. That chimichurri sauce sounds like a perfect addition to the beef.

Thanks folks, appreciate it! I've got a few cooks planned over the next couple of weeks including a repeat of something I trialed last summer, Bacon burnt ends, which I'll be putting together for my brother in law's birthday that I look forward to sharing and getting some thoughts on.

Back