Found: 3xx Genesis Gray Color Match

KevinG

TVWBB Member
Found: Genesis 3xx Gray Color Match

For anyone looking to color match the infamous “Weber gray” that they started using on the 3xx series Genesis cabinet...Krylon has a pretty good option! Krylon Color Max, Gloss Machinery Gray.

The Lowe’s near me started carrying this line recently and I had a rusted out E-310 to test the color on. It’s a hair lighter than the original color, but is the correct brownish gray vs the bluish gray you see a lot (the other color in the photos is Rustoleum Gloss Smoke Gray).

I’ll be breaking down my S-320 this week, rust converting the entire frame and cabinet, then repainting with this color. Should look pretty close to original when done.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jpw2rC3DicNGfwzA7

Last edited:
Kevin, is the grill in the photos the one you will be rehabbing? Man, those side panels are really rusted bad. It looks like a leg is completely gone.

That is a great tip. I have several more 300’s to restore, so I will check that out. Now if they would come out with a high heat brown tinted gray for the firebox and lid sides!

@Bruce, Thankfully no! The grill in the photo was a neighborhood curb alert that I picked up for parts (barely used flavorizers and stainless rod grates 👍🏻 ). Mine is starting to show rust around the vents and on the lower legs, so I want to deal with it while I can still fix it.

Last edited:
Kevin, I just parted out an E310 with side controls and would be willing to part with the manifold. PM me if interested.

I've been using Valspar tractor & implement paint in Massey Ferguson gray. Comes in brush on or rattle can. Almost a perfect match. This cart is half original, half Valspar.

Thanks, Chad and welcome to our forum! That is definitely worth looking into. I just wish someone made high heat gray that looks like Weber’s:confused:.

Back