Some UK Lamb and Pork

Tim James UK

Hi Guys,

It's been a great few evenings here in the UK, and we've been smoking some leg of lamb and some pork shoulder.

Photos below... all worked out well:

22aiVmy.jpg

Here is my WSM 18 on the patio. Im new to this but I'm amazed how easy it is to set up and keep stable at the temperature.

xwFc4No.jpg

This is meat... garlic, herbs and S&P on the Lamb and... mustard and rub on the pork

LhN1l7Z.jpg

This is it all cooked...

ohJRFPQ.jpg

and the pork pulled

Welcome, Tim, and thanks for sharing your pork and lamb! It all looks great. What did you do with the lamb to serve it? Sliced?

Cheers,
R

i did the lame sliced with lemon and mint dressing and some Greek yogate with honey.

The lamb took about 3 hours to for to a medium rare 55c

The pork then had another 3 hours in foil after that.

That looks good to me, that lamb looks great as well. If I can source some local lamb in july I'll be doing some lamb tacos! Hoping it turns out as good as that hehe.

Great looking food Tim! You are going to love that 18. I have had a 14 for a while but just got the 18, it is so easy to keep stable temps on the 18. Can't wait to see some more cooks.

Welcome to the forum Tim, your cook is awesome and looking forward to see other cooks from you.

That looks good to me, that lamb looks great as well. If I can source some local lamb in july I'll be doing some lamb tacos! Hoping it turns out as good as that hehe.

That is one good thing about the UK and BBQ... although it's hard to source things like bone in beef ribs and whole brisket, Lamb is something you can get all yer round!

32907_1.jpg

Back