Looks like a Genesis Junior

Looks like a JR. I wouldn't personally bother with it unless you want it for nostalgia reasons or something. Parts are going to be tough to find and you can find newer two burners that will be just as good/better and be easier to maintain.

I saw that too. I live way too far to get it. I think they are cool but that one might be in rough shape. I got a feeling parts might be hard to find.

I am glad it is not in Florida! It IS a cool piece of Weber history, and I have a very soft spot for historical stuff . It is also true that it is practically impossible to find burners and probably some other parts for the Junior. And some do say they weren’t even very good gas grills. If it was close by I would still be tempted:rolleyes:!

Yah, I have a driveway full of Webers in various states of disrepair. If Jon lived in my neighborhood, I would have to run a cable through them all and lock them up. LOL :)

Bruce, I think Jon might have it worse than this guy who appears to just stick with kettles and a few other pieces. Jon would not discriminate between gasser's and kettles.

I know this is a gasser forum but this guy does have a pretty interesting collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgAru-YmWo&feature=youtu.be

Oh man, that collection is pretty awesome! And, yes, I am married so I won’t be replicating. Actually, my wife has told me that I missed my calling and that I should have been a museum curator. I can just see it now, the Weber Grill Museum;)! Just step into my backyard...

I know I have to put the brakes on non-revenue generating projects. I am trying:(!

p.s. An E-W Genesis 300 I have been following on OfferUp after months of being listed just got marked down $199 from $200 to $1. Another rusty cabinet and bad frame leg. Still, pretty hard to resist:rolleyes:!

Parts grill jon. Go get it if it isn't a long drive. Otherwise, you will be kicking yourself when you find another E310 that is missing a knob or the shelf is trashed or the handle is trashed. If you get some good flavo bars or cooking grates, you are way ahead already. I had three E310's waiting for me this spring. I redid two of them and used parts from the third on both of them. If you have to, strip it down, toss the junk and keep the good parts stored away some where so it can't be counted as a "grill" by the wife. I assume the bottom panel and sides and back are probably shot so that makes the grill much smaller. you can probably strip everything else and fit it inside the cookbox with lid closed.

Oh man, that collection is pretty awesome! And, yes, I am married so I won’t be replicating. Actually, my wife has told me that I missed my calling and that I should have been a museum curator. I can just see it now, the Weber Grill Museum;)! Just step into my backyard...

I know I have to put the brakes on non-revenue generating projects. I am trying:(!

p.s. An E-W Genesis 300 I have been following on OfferUp after months of being listed just got marked down $199 from $200 to $1. Another rusty cabinet and bad frame leg. Still, pretty hard to resist:rolleyes:!

Jon, all you need to do is build a barn that's bigger than your house. She won't have any idea how many grills are in there plus she kind of gave you the go ahead since she said you should of been a museum curator sounds like a green light to me. Like the Weber Grill Museum idea.

When I retire which now looks like its end of year instead of June keep dragging me back in I will come down give you some labor for beer, must be IPA's though and for wine only Cab's. Can you imagine it took that guy an hour to drag them out of his barn and an hour and a half to put them back.:)

Interesting about the junior also is which some might or might not know is it had 13 bars like a 1000. Lack of parts is an issue but there were some people who restored them think since burners were not available cut some longer ones down to fit if the bars were an odd length I suppose RC could make a set. I do apologize for saying I thought it was ugly to each his own so it was just my opinion although I still think its ugly. :)

It's an endearing ugly I think. It would be fun to put one next to a full size Genesis and cook, say, sides on it. Thinking about it, you could probably just cut and cap Genesis burner tubes to length, and certainly you could cut flavorizer bars to fit, so really they probably are quite restoreable.

It's an endearing ugly I think. It would be fun to put one next to a full size Genesis and cook, say, sides on it. Thinking about it, you could probably just cut and cap Genesis burner tubes to length, and certainly you could cut flavorizer bars to fit, so really they probably are quite restoreable.

That’s a really good observation. I have heard of people adapting other burners to fit the Jr. which sounds a little scary to me, but I suppose is doable. I agree that the other parts wouldn’t be that hard. This grill did have two rows of burners unlike the later Silver A/Spirit 2-burner. That makes it special just for that feature alone. It would be cool to own and try one out...

Like I said, good thing it is far away from me!

Here's a pic of probably the best looking one I have seen. MartyG over at WKC did the restoration.

20014551664_83e3aae501_c.jpg

20016195443_8b76cda445_c.jpg

20014579514_8ba8b27f5c_c.jpg

20014551664_83e3aae501_c.jpg

20014571064_1988a8711d_b.jpg

Back