saw a stack of SRF briskets at the grocery store today

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
The one I looked at cost $125 (~$9/lb). I stopped looking. I was thinking of stopping at walmart or costco to get a brisket before I made my regular stop, I saw the brisket & got a little excited until I saw the price.

That's a good price for waygu. But yeah, I'd have to pass too. I've paid 80 for a big Creekstone Farms prime. I think my butcher may start carrying some Waygu, but It'd have to be a very special occasion.

I didn't realize it was Waygu, I just saw the price & thought more over-price bs. They had some ribeyes that were $29/lb. They do have a nice dry-aged meat selection, & their flank (I considered it) was decent at $9.99/lb.

Time for me to get a prime brisket from costco.

What grocery store was this I'm down in Springville but work in slc I would like to check those out

Harmons 11400 south 700 east, in the deep freeze shaped coolers, not the ones against the wall. The closest floor cooler to the meat counter, pretty much straight back from the ground chuck in the wall display.

That's the first time I've seen them there, there were ~5 of them, maybe more. Big fat untrimmed packers from what I could tell but I quit looking as soon as I saw the tag. I don't remember seeing SRF there before. $9/lb was just a guess, I saw $125, divided that by 14 (I made up the 14# for my description, so it might have been 13#, or maybe 15#.

Harmons Draper
672 East 11400 South
Draper, UT

Main phone(801) 576-9911

edit:>>>>>
They were in the standard sealed cryovac packaging

Last edited:

Back