Thread: Anthony Bourdain Dead At 61

Anthony Bourdain Dead At 61

I cried this morning when I read the news that Anthony Bourdain is dead after committing suicide in France, found hanging in his hotel room by friend and famous chef Eric Ripert.

So sad. He brought a lot of interesting information and entertainment into my life via his various television shows over the years. I will miss him.

“Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.”
    - Anthony Bourdain

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/b...dain-dead.html

Mr. Bourdain was found dead in his room at Le Chambard, a luxury hotel in the village of Kaysersberg in the Alsace region of eastern France, according to a prosecutor in the nearby city of Colmar. The prosecutor, Christian de Rocquigny du Fayel, said the cause of death was hanging. “At this stage, we have no reason to suspect foul play,” he said.

Very sad. And very hard to believe. He seemed to me like someone who'd live to be 100, despite his past and habits making you'd think otherwise. Just seemed like a survivor to me.
    ; ; ;

We were stunned to hear the news as well. He was one of our favorites and enjoyed his shows immensely.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Olympian
    Sad news for sure. But there were hints of his demons even from himself talking about it.

Sad indeed, Addiction is more than just being a Addict...It does it's best to make you believe that your worth nothing more than the person you are...And it does a great job at succeseding... The Demons are strong and are always on the attack when they know they got you where they want...Will take away all your desires wants and believes and then just sit back and wait.

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I couldn't believe it. So sad.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    The Travel Channel is currently running repeats of his shows.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Very sad. I couldn't believe it either.
    Genesis EP-320 - steel gray (2010 model), Chargriller Super Pro, 22.5 OTG, 2014 Performer (Copper), 2014 Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe, Masterbuilt Pro duel fuel smoker, 18.5" WSM

TVWBB Super Fan
    I still find it very hard to believe.
    Rest in peace, Anthony!