Little Griddle - Thoughts?

I saw these on Amazon and YouTube. They are stainless steel griddles. I posted a link below because they have several. seems like they provide more surface area than grillgrates and are cheaper. At least in terms of dollars per square inch.

I was leaning towards the grillgrates but only to use them upside down for Smashburgers and vegetables. And I was not interested in their grategriddle because I heard they bow over time.

Anyway, the Sizzle-Q seems to be pretty decent... And I'm also looking at the professional series. Lots of area.

Any thoughts on these? They seem to be pretty large and give the same effect as having a flat top on my Genesis II.

https://www.littlegriddle.com/collections/all/griddle

-T

Edit:
Since my burners run front to back, I think o would be better off with a narrow, but long, griddle... Like the 1/2 professional.

Last edited:
Looks pretty interesting. I have heard about people reversing GrillGrates but have never tried myself. If you aren’t interested in their sear mark capabilities (which to me is where they shine) I would think a stainless griddle would be better than the GrillGrates anodized aluminum.

We have the little griddle and love it. We use it on the Genesis 2000 for smash burgers, eggs and bacon, smash tatters, anything you can do on a griddle. With it pushed to one side there's room to toast buns right on the grates. also clean up is easy especially if you put some wet paper towels in the grease trap.

They see these things at Sam's club but a different brand. The ones I saw were pretty darned heavy too. I doubt they were only 14ga steel

Thanks for all the feedback. Decided to go with grillGrates... 4 of them, and use upside down when wanting griddle space.

Got 15 percent off with promo code.

-T

You do know they have holes in them so if doing something like smash burgers you'll have meat squeezing through

I have the Little Griddle GQ-230 and have used it a few times on my gasser. I have no complaints about it but I also have a Camp Chef stove and bought a griddle for it; currently, I find myself using this setup more often - probably just to change things up. It is my belief that I can reach higher temps on the CF griddle than what I can get with the GQ-230 on the gasser. I had the Lodge griddle/grill (until it got damage due to misuse) and was well-pleased with it but never used it on a gas grill for smash burgers. When I make smash burgers I am doing so for 6 or more people and in my humble opinion it seems like the Lodge would pose an issue as a result of what I assume is inadequate space for grease drainage.

That's precisely the way you do it. And it is still considered a Smashburger IMO if you smash them on and non-grill surface. :)

If you smash the burger on a non-grill surface, then you get them to the right thickness.. And they are flat on the bottom. So when they are placed on the upside down grillgrates, the flat surface is already flat so it will make full contact with the grill grate. The only smashing that's done once on the great is real quick on the edges to make sure the edges can get nice and crispy.

This technique works. I tried it on my kamado with my Lodge 14 inch cast iron Pizza Pan before committing 100% to the grill grates. But ideally, it's less work to have a completely flat without holes surface for Smashburgers... like the little griddles I was looking at.

-T

Last edited:
I use this: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006WQKQP0/tvwb-20

aCxBip3.png

Thanks BFletcher, but are there any less expensive alternatives? I was thinking maybe a large steel spatula with something like a piece of wood to push down on it???

Back