Gabby’ Grills vs BBQ Pit Boys Santa Maria/Corona conversion kits

Gabby’s Grills vs BBQ Pit Boys Santa Maria/Corona conversion kits

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here ever cooked on one of these and have a preference? I like the look of the BBQ Pit Boys grill better, but can’t seem to find reviews (other than theirs) anywhere. I have seen a few nice reviews for Gabby’s Grillls and the owner as well. I have a WSM 22 but also a camp with a Firepit that this would be perfect for since we don’t have a kitchen. They are not cheap though, so I would like a little more info. In the demos I have seen it looks like the BBQ Pit Boys model goes lower than the normal grate and closer to coals, but I am not positive.

Thanks
Mike from Ma

http://bbqpitboysshop.com/santa-corona/santa-corona-conversion-kit

GabbyÂ’s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ans2MfaM3l0

Last edited:
I bought the Gabby 26" unit a few weeks ago and have used it 4 times. I do not have the unit that pit boys markets, so I cannot speak to a preference. I would agree that judging from the pic their ratchet mechanism might look more fancy but I have absolutely no complaint about my Gabby unit (aside from banging myself against the handle a couple times). It is simple, yet appears to be robust and while I have no experience with metal working it looks to be well-made. Obviously I cannot speak to its longevity. I think my Gabby grate rests a tad higher than the stock Kettle grate but it is what I would consider negligible; I have not yet wished for a closer proximity to the fire. Note that Gabby's pricing includes shipping.

They both look pretty good, I don’t think I will be investing in one in the near future but, I appreciate all the fact finding I can research here easily!

Last edited:
I just keep pitching Fletch, I never know when the right piece of equipment or the wrong bottle will come along!
Paraphrasing “Doc” Boone from the John Wayne premier starting role film “Stagecoach” .
If I ever really decide I have all the right tools and equipment I will probably keel over graveyard dead!
The “Caliente/Argentine” review is so clear, it’s still the leading contender for me.
The Kudu, not so much, I just am not “inclined” toward it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, looks like another good review for Gabby’s!
I also appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this site. I recently joined and have already found plenty of answers and ideas.

If someone knows better please correct me, but Gabby’s is a family business and made in the USA while the other is fabricated in Mexico and distributed from the States.

Back