Rec Me a Gasser

JoeR

TVWBB Member
Don't think I've posted in years but great site, I've fed a lot of people from the good info on the main section and in the comments.

Never had a gas grill before, but I'm noticing I never use my kettle due to the time involved nowadays. I'd be better off with gas for weeknights (or a quick sear pre-braise) and the bullet for parties. So, I don't need a huge grilling surface but I'd like high heat for a good sear.
Not a dealbreaker, but 40" max width would be nice (fit in a spot under the porch stairs). I'm fine if that means no side tables, best would be flippable/removable ones.

Look for a Q3xxx series grill. Versatile with 2 burners, compact enough but with good size grilling surface (nearly as much as a Genesis) and enough power to do excellent searing when asked. Great little all around product

Look for a Q3xxx series grill. Versatile with 2 burners, compact enough but with good size grilling surface (nearly as much as a Genesis) and enough power to do excellent searing when asked. Great little all around product

Looks like the right size, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I would chime in with Larry that the big Q might be the perfect ticket. If you are fortunate you might find a great deal on one that someone allowed to get dirty and doesn’t want to deal with any more. There is a nice one listed 80 miles from me for $125. But even at full new price it is a great grill with easy clean up and almost nothing to rust.

You might check out a two burner genesis or spirit as well. I've got a friend in Colorado with a two burner spirit. He loves his. If you are interested in vintage the old genesis silver A two burners are really good grills. I have one. But the side tables don't fold down and I think those are wider than your 40" max width.

Not much in the way of a standard style grill that's going to fit that area and with a higher hood you may have some height clearance problems with the hood open.
I've had a small Q and it was a good little burger, steak cooker. So I agree that a Q3 series might me the perfect grill for that spot.

Back