Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My CL Q200 Project

Wow, that's some serious crud!

Looks like it's in good hands though.

Nice digs!
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Quote Originally Posted by Rich G View Post
    Yep, had that problem.....nothing a little Krazy Glue couldn't fix (at least long enough for me to bolt it back up, where the pressure will hold it together until the next time I disassemble.)
    Great idea! I will borrow it as well. Those little pieces have no ready replacement that I know of!
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

Fair warning, I couldn't get it perfectly glued back together, so it needed a tap (very light) with a hammer (with a rag on top of the spacer) to fit into the hole it fell out of. It all worked fine, but figured I'd give you that extra info in case you try it out. I figured the only downside was that I would STILL have a broken spacer, so nothing to lose, really.

R

TVWBB Member
    I've never bothered to take the legs off any of the Q's I have owned, I guess I just never saw the need. It's like cleaning the underside of your car before you sell it, you just hope no one will take a clean white handkerchief to it. Rich, I happened to be on an adventure the day I picked up the Q320 - my travels first brought me through San Jose where I picked up a Genesis 5000 (more on that on the other board). But I hear you with the wife
    Q1200 Q320 Genesis 5000

Mike: I only take them down that far if I intend to flip the grill and the firebox needs repainting.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Mike: I only take them down that far if I intend to flip the grill and the firebox needs repainting.
    I hear you, Bruce. Now that I've done it, I probably never will again. Since it was my first Q, I figured I'd break it all the way down out of both curiosity, and to be sure I wasn't missing any issues that were hidden and needed to be fixed. Now that I know quite a bit more about Q grill anatomy (pretty simple, really), I doubt it will be done again

looks like it's in good hands. Love the back yard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I've never bothered to take the legs off any of the Q's I have owned, I guess I just never saw the need. It's like cleaning the underside of your car before you sell it, you just hope no one will take a clean white handkerchief to it.
    I have only done a few of these Q restorations. All but one just needed a little quick spray touch-up of the bottom that didn't require disassembly. The last one I did was really bad, and I couldn't see any way around it to be able to fully clean and repaint. I had the same challenges with the ceramic pieces. I can't believe that Weber doesn't stock them.
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12