Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever made pulled pork on a gasser.

When I do a long smoke like that I make several foil packets like this and stage them. As one dies down I simply lift the grate a little pull one out and put another. On a Genesis or a Summit it's pretty easy. Another thing I'll do is many times when doing a smoke I don't need the entire grill filled with grates and simply remove one where I want to place smoke pouches.

I've done them on my son-in-law's gasser. I used an A-Maze-N tube smoker instead of the foil pack. I'd never really had much luck with them in the past.

BD

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    When I do a long smoke like that I make several foil packets like this and stage them. As one dies down I simply lift the grate a little pull one out and put another. On a Genesis or a Summit it's pretty easy. Another thing I'll do is many times when doing a smoke I don't need the entire grill filled with grates and simply remove one where I want to place smoke pouches.
    That's exactly what I'm going to do, just have one grate centered. I'll use large chunks for the smoke placing them on the FBs that are above the lit burner. I've had great results doing that.
    I won't be doing a real L&S because I'll be running 275-300. Been doing that for quite awhile and really can't tell any difference with PBs and brisket compared to 225-250.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12